Is it good or bad?

torrap

Jun 10, 2013
CO, USA
Parrots
Marley-YSA (hen) -hatched 07/20/2006;
Simba-DYHA (hen)-hatched 06/23/2003
My bird doesn't like to eat inside her cage....
First I was thinking..oh well that's OK, but it makes my life more difficult. She would eat outside her cage just a little in the morning, but I have to go to work, so I would put her and her food back inside her cage. I don't see she was touching it at all when I come back in the evening.
No wonder, she is very hungry in the evening, when I get home. She is eating right now for about 30 minutes, but it's because the food is introduced at her stand. She would not eat for more than 1 minute if it's inside her cage. Sometimes she would return to her food few times if it's in the cage, but again only for 1 or 2 minutes.
Why could this be, and what should I do about it, please?
In a way she is foraging, I guess. Sometimes she would fly from stand to stand to look for food. Maybe it's a natural instinct to look for food or eat away from the place where they sleep.....???

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
If she gets hungry enough and she sees food in her dish inside her cage, she is going to eat it. I personally don't see anything to worry about right now.

chippy

Feb 16, 2013
Parrots
2 Indian Ringnecks, Tiki (DH's) and Pippin (mine), 1 lovebird, Gemma (DD's) and 1 in birdy Heaven... RIP, Wilbur.
Maybe try several food dishes inside her cage... and some foraging toys?

Most Reactions

Latest posts