Is it normal for her to sleep like this

Mikotheparrot

Mar 12, 2024
Parrots
Alexandrian Parrot
She is 1.5 months old and lately I've seen her sleep like this when she's in her cage but she does that rarely. But wherever I let her be on my chest she sleeps like this.
Is it normal?
She is not sick and is active too.
She loves biting my fingers when she's awake and she does stretching and grooming quite a lot too
1000379763.jpg

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
To me that's looks weird, my birds have never slept like that. What species is it?

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
She is an alexandrine parrot.
Its gorgeous. It's feet look like their collapsed, without strength. Iv never owned babies before. Maybe this is how babies sleep before they have the strength and balance to perch. Can it perch on a stick yet?

OP
M

Mikotheparrot

Mar 12, 2024
Parrots
Alexandrian Parrot
Its gorgeous. It's feet look like their collapsed, without strength. Iv never owned babies before. Maybe this is how babies sleep before they have the strength and balance to perch. Can it perch on a stick yet?
Yes she can perch but not for much longer.
She doesn't really have much strength in her legs bc there are times when she does stretching and loses her balance

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Yes she can perch but not for much longer.
She doesn't really have much strength in her legs bc there are times when she does stretching and loses her balance
Ok. I was just looking at pictures of baby parrots and noticed them resting in the same position. Have a look

Most Reactions