Is it possible to target train a Bourke's Parakeet?

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Awww, he is beautiful!
Good idea to put the towel on the bottom of the cage so he has a soft landing when he falls.
Love the name Icarus, did you decide yet if that is what you are naming him?

OP
Cymmie

Cymmie

Sep 13, 2014
Parrots
Yellow Nape Amazon (actually my mom's) Kookie | Female; Bourke's Parakeet (mine) Lark | Male
My mom likes the name Lark, like meadow lark because of the way he sings ^^ and I also like that name. But we want to make sure he stays the beautiful sing-song birdie he is now ^^. He absolutely loves his bell. Surprisingly he prefers his regular food to millet. I am going to try some fresh veggies today. After a couple days I am going to try sprouting some seeds. Canary seeds sprout right?

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Very pretty bird. Congratulations! My cockatiel had a terrible clip when she was a baby, it took months for it to grow out completely. She was very clumsy and had a lot of trouble navigating for a while. Various types of perches and ladders helped her a lot. It will probably take her some time to get comfortable and learn to use her new equipment. Good luck and have fun with your new friend.

OP
Cymmie

Cymmie

Sep 13, 2014
Parrots
Yellow Nape Amazon (actually my mom's) Kookie | Female; Bourke's Parakeet (mine) Lark | Male
Just took him out of his cage for the first time for like two minutes. Don't want to push it, he sat on my shoulder and chortled. He seems quite happy.

He seems to be figured things out slowly Allee, though I did move his water up higher because I was worried he wasn't getting enough. He drank soooo much after that.

Most Reactions

Latest posts