Is this a common sound by a baby parrot?

suji03

Feb 7, 2016
Parrots
IRN
Hi,

I have two baby parrots one male and female and i video the sound, I am not sure what that means! I am concern.

Is this sound a common Sendvid - Instant video upload

Please dont misguide or make fun of me, I am new and I care for them and hence approaching to seek advice here.

:green:

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hi, Your baby bird is precious. The sounds he is making in the video sound like he is begging for food.

I'm not sure if you saw these links in your other post, if you haven't, I strongly urge you to read them, it is very good advice and will explain how to care for your baby birds. You mentioned you are feeding them baby food. There are better options described in this article.

https://theparrotuniversity.com/arthandfeeding1#basics

This is another great article.

http://www.parrotforums.com/breeding-raising-parrots/19049-hazards-buying-unweaned-baby.html

OP
S

suji03

Feb 7, 2016
Parrots
IRN
Hello guys!

My parrot is refusing to eat, any idea why? the female baby eats and she is very active. the Male baby is refusing to eat and she goes back to the corner of the cage!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Suji,
I'm sorry one of your IRNs is not doing well. How old are your baby parrots? Are you still feeding them human baby formula? Are they eating anything other than the formula? Successfully hand feeding baby parrots is very difficult even for those with lots of experience. Is there any way you can take them for an exam by an avian vet? If not, can you contact the breeder who sold them to you and ask that they take the baby birds back and feed them until they are fully weaned?

Best of luck to you. Please keep us updated.

Most Reactions