Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
I've stood my ground with Venus who comes at me blazing but at the last second shuts down and acts a little miffed, but friendly like "Hi, how are you?", but she has an agenda. Husband told me I'm crazy for getting in her face, but I do, nicely. I'm hoping this will pass piecefully, last year we didn't have this issue but we had just brought her home.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
...My gut says: It's probably better if they have a healthy outlet for it, and just get it out of their system.

Yeah, this thought resonates for me. There are quite a few hardwired natural behaviors that do well with an outlet. I think in this case it's just a matter of carefully observing your bird until you get a sense of where he/she falls on the hormonal reaction spectrum.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Lila doesn't act miffed... That's what makes it so funny!

She acts confused.

So, I didn't even scare you a little bit that time... ?:confused:

Nope.

But that was my BEST scary bird act. What do I do now?

Most Reactions

Latest posts