Is this normal

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
He is amazing! He comes for head scratches in the mornings when I get him up and has been out his cage yesterday. His flight feathers are definitely coming in and he can go from my bed to his cage now and back to me on the bed. I do have a question though, could I get him a smaller cage to sleep in that I can keep in my room and keep his big cage in his flight room or will the cage change stress him? His cage is really big and moving it is quite difficult but I really need him in my bedroom overnight as I have 3 boys with additional needs that love him immensely but they love him to the point they want to touch. I am worried they will get up before me and let him out one day. I have ferrets and dogs (not in the same room) but the children wouldn’t know to keep them separate they are all under 6. So I thought a smaller cage in my room for sleeping and his big flight cage in my day room during the day?
That would be fine. Just keep the smaller cage next to the big one during the day and move Wolfy inside the small one to your bedroom at night.

An alternative is to put a padlock on the big cage door at night and other times when Wolfy must stay inside.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
That would be fine. Just keep the smaller cage next to the big one during the day and move Wolfy inside the small one to your bedroom at night.

An alternative is to put a padlock on the big cage door at night and other times when Wolfy must stay inside.
The two cages next to each other only as long as it takes for Wolfy to get used to the new one if he acts nervous when you put him inside to go to sleep

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
He is amazing! He comes for head scratches in the mornings when I get him up and has been out his cage yesterday. His flight feathers are definitely coming in and he can go from my bed to his cage now and back to me on the bed. I do have a question though, could I get him a smaller cage to sleep in that I can keep in my room and keep his big cage in his flight room or will the cage change stress him? His cage is really big and moving it is quite difficult but I really need him in my bedroom overnight as I have 3 boys with additional needs that love him immensely but they love him to the point they want to touch. I am worried they will get up before me and let him out one day. I have ferrets and dogs (not in the same room) but the children wouldn’t know to keep them separate they are all under 6. So I thought a smaller cage in my room for sleeping and his big flight cage in my day room during the day?
I'm so glad to hear Wolfy is doing so much better, and I'd love to see some more pics of him when you're able 😍

OP
W

Wolverine

Jun 22, 2023
Derby, UK
Parrots
1 brand new budgie
I'm so glad to hear Wolfy is doing so much better, and I'd love to see some more pics of him when you're able 😍
Our morning snuggles 🥰

Attachments

• EFA3C711-DAC4-40AA-A3CA-EC42CD9CA86C.jpeg
    EFA3C711-DAC4-40AA-A3CA-EC42CD9CA86C.jpeg
    252.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 28C4EAC5-5CFB-49E7-ABB8-304844B1B27E.jpeg
    28C4EAC5-5CFB-49E7-ABB8-304844B1B27E.jpeg
    292 KB · Views: 28
  • D9448814-F773-4208-BBEC-8D75FBF8C569.jpeg
    D9448814-F773-4208-BBEC-8D75FBF8C569.jpeg
    308.7 KB · Views: 28
OP
W

Wolverine

Jun 22, 2023
Derby, UK
Parrots
1 brand new budgie
I am also genuinely considering a friend for him, I am with him most of the day but I think he would like a
I think you saved Wolfy's life. He was definitely not well but thanks to your loving care he has really come around.
I have this talent for picking what my mum calls the ‘desperate and desolate’ and having best friends for life. I lost my first ever dog February this year at nearly 15. I found her tied outside a pub/club when I was 16, found who she belonged too inside and bought her for £20. Too young to be away from mum she was really dehydrated and spent the first 2 days in the vets then didn’t leave my side for the last 15 years. They call to me ❤️

Most Reactions

Latest posts