Is this stuff okay?

Ira7

Banned
Banned
Feb 9, 2020
Coral Springs, FL
Parrots
YNA
I just found dandelion leaves at Whole Foods, but no quinoa, which I never tried.

I bought a gourmet sprouts blend, and something called Pea Tendrils, little leaves. Any danger to either?

I also bought two tiny Brussel sprouts, which I assume are okay.

charmedbyekkie

May 24, 2018
US/SG
Parrots
Cairo the Ekkie!
Dandelion is good. I've been trying to get more myself (problems of living in a country where they don't exist).

Gourmet sprouts blend - if that is already sprouted, I wouldn't give to a bird because it'll probably be old and potentially dangerous to their sensitive systems. Only use sprouts that you've sprouted yourself. However, if it is unsprouted, check what is inside - not everything that sprouts can be eaten by birds.

Pea tendrils, I've not read anything either way - good or bad.

And finally, brussel sprouts are safe.

OP
Ira7

Ira7

Banned
Banned
Feb 9, 2020
Coral Springs, FL
Parrots
YNA
Dandelion is good. I've been trying to get more myself (problems of living in a country where they don't exist).

Gourmet sprouts blend - if that is already sprouted, I wouldn't give to a bird because it'll probably be old and potentially dangerous to their sensitive systems. Only use sprouts that you've sprouted yourself. However, if it is unsprouted, check what is inside - not everything that sprouts can be eaten by birds.

Pea tendrils, I've not read anything either way - good or bad.

And finally, brussel sprouts are safe.

Below is what it looks like.

It has Alfalfa, Sunflower, Beets, Mung Beans, Green & Red Lentils, Green Peas and Adzuki Beans.

Last edited:

charmedbyekkie

May 24, 2018
US/SG
Parrots
Cairo the Ekkie!
Since it's store-sprouted (you didn't sprout them yourself), don't give it. They often grow microbes/bacteria that humans can tolerate, but parrots can't.

So enjoy in your salad :) but don't share it.

Sprout your own! There are many posts in the forum and elsewhere online where you can learn about safely sprouting for parrots.

OP
Ira7

Ira7

Banned
Banned
Feb 9, 2020
Coral Springs, FL
Parrots
YNA
Since it's store-sprouted (you didn't sprout them yourself), don't give it. They often grow microbes/bacteria that humans can tolerate, but parrots can't.

So enjoy in your salad :) but don't share it.

Sprout your own! There are many posts in the forum and elsewhere online where you can learn about safely sprouting for parrots.

I ain’t eating this crap. It’s going in the garbage.

I have to find out about the Pea Tendrils. They’re basically just leaves with little stems.

Do I cook the Brussel sprouts?

Most Reactions

Latest posts