Parrots
Crimson bellied conure- Tequila
Greencheek conure- Sierra
Pearled cockatiel- Malibu
Cockatiel- Volkan
Yellow budgies- Pina Colada and Houdini
Blue budgie- Lightning
White and blue budgie- Ciroc
I have a greenhouse/ aviary and my birds almost live out there when the weather is good. When I get up in the mornings the first thing I do is set the aviary up and put them out there before having a coffee and sitting with them. In the summer they rarely get to fly around my room as I put them outside for most of the day, which is around five hours before I go to work. The other day they spent ten hours out there, and I know they'd sleep out there if I let them as they never want to come in. It's a 4x8 greenhouse and I've got parrot safe plants in there as well as loads of parrot toys and aviary mesh on some of the roof panels so they get fresh air and sunlight. Is it too much to have them out there everyday when the weather is good? I'm a bit worried that the space isn't big enough for them to have a decent fly around (though they can fly around in it), but then my room isn't much bigger anyway and they're not allowed anywhere else in the house. In the winter or when the weather isn't good I keep them inside and let them fly around my room but it does get very messy as I can't take them out to properly clean everything, so them going outside a lot helps keep everything clean and tidy. I just wondered if it's bad that I put them outside so much and I'm a bit worried that they'll become a bit feral since I'm not around them as much when they're outside

Most Reactions

Latest posts