when I take one bird out of cage the other bird gets alonely.

Needhelpwithbirb

Nov 15, 2023
Parrots
2budgies
okay so I have a budgie named Rio I have been raising him ever since he was around 21-25 days old. I got him on September 30. then after a month since in November when he was around 2 months old I got him a new friend called shiyo. she is around 1 month old. So at first if you look at my previous thread I was having troubles to make Rio interact with me after getting him a new friend. Thanks to the comments they told me to take them out separately. But a lot of guests came into our house and my house is small and there were babies so I could only manage to take Rio out for an hour like I could manage to Empty a room for like an hour for me to take Rio out. But I couldn't manage to get shiyo out since she is new to the environment she didn't want to interact with anyone but when I noticed she started getting a bit comfortable the guests came to my house and I lost the opportunity to gain her trust.She has been caged for 2 weeks. the guests have left but the problem is during this 2 week period the babies used to sometimes disturb their cage like putting their fingers inside the cage bar sometimes slamming the cage with their hands and yes everytime they got close to the cage I put them away and I told the adults to keep a watch as well but sometimes they'll sneakily do it when no one is watching. since Rio was raised around humans ever since he was a baby and he was used to humans it didn't affect him as much but now bcz of that he will bite if I try to get my hands inside the cage to change the water or food. But it didn't affect his and our bond. But the problem is with shiyo she was a tamed bird but because if all of these things it frightened her and now she is scared. I have took her out of the cage twice but it was before the guests coming so like when she was new to this environment so it didn't go that well but when she started getting comfortable this happened and now she is kinda scared. I take Rio out for an hour every morning to let him strech his wings and fly around (so Rio will fly two round circles and then just not fly again and walk around instead when outside is it normal? ) do when rio is outside shiyo stays inside the cage and she will start chirping loudly tdy I tried getting her out but she didn't want to. so these days when I let Rio out I have to put shiyos in another room and she will be chirping loudly and Rio will chirp back again bro another room and shiyo would kinda be alonely. after like 10 minutes she stops but still it makes me feel really bad. So the problem is I'm confused about how I will tame shiyo since Rio and shiyo are in the same cage. So when I try to gain her trust by offering treats Rio will kinda block the chance. And as I mentioned she was tamed but unfortunately bcz of what happened not anymore . Another thing is which makes me feel like I'm making shiyo hate me more day by day is me taking her only companion away from her every day For an hour. I really feel bad and I'm confused about what to do. Also please look at my budgie Rios nose it suddenly got orange ish what happened? his poop is normal and he is active. brown Rios age is 3 months now. another question do birds sleep more when the weather is cold?

Attachments

• IMG20231207120434.jpg
    IMG20231207120434.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 11

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
It’s unfortunate that the birds had a scary encounter with humans especially for the new bird. However, budgies are pretty forgiving if you are patient and calm. It could take a month or two for Shiyo to start warming up to you again but she can get there! I’m thinking it would be best to have her cage in the room with Rio when he is out. Leave the door open and sit by it. She may very well decide to come out to join her friend. Once she gets used to coming out of the cage on her own, with you nearby, then you can start holding up your hand for her to step up to get out of the cage. Try to give her time outside the cage even if that means just leaving the door open for her to come out on her own. My two budgies just love flying around the room together! Shiyo may never be as tame as Rio and that’s ok. Every bird is different! 🙂

OP
N

Needhelpwithbirb

Nov 15, 2023
Parrots
2budgies
It’s unfortunate that the birds had a scary encounter with humans especially for the new bird. However, budgies are pretty forgiving if you are patient and calm. It could take a month or two for Shiyo to start warming up to you again but she can get there! I’m thinking it would be best to have her cage in the room with Rio when he is out. Leave the door open and sit by it. She may very well decide to come out to join her friend. Once she gets used to coming out of the cage on her own, with you nearby, then you can start holding up your hand for her to step up to get out of the cage. Try to give her time outside the cage even if that means just leaving the door open for her to come out on her own. My two budgies just love flying around the room together! Shiyo may never be as tame as Rio and that’s ok. Every bird is different! 🙂
If she comes out of her cage how do I get her inside? since Rio is tamed it's easy for me to get him inside but fo shiyo how do I get her inside of the cage without grabbing her?

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
I feed my budgies their favorite food in the cage. For them, it’s lettuce. When they see me put lettuce in the cage they are ready to come in as soon as I step away. You could also put Rio in the cage and give him something yummy like millet and she will likely follow him in within a couple minutes.

Most Reactions

Latest posts