Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Last edited:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Glad Dino was recovered as Boston winters are frigid! Dino's support system during his adventure shows the best of human nature as others could have branded him a pest for chewing and tried to kill him.

Not surprised his only word is "no" as they can be quite bratty. Hope his owners take extra care to keep him indoors!!

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Glad Dino was recovered as Boston winters are frigid! Dino's support system during his adventure shows the best of human nature as others could have branded him a pest for chewing and tried to kill him.

Not surprised his only word is "no" as they can be quite bratty. Hope his owners take extra care to keep him indoors!!

I'd like to think, being a Goffin, he only came down from the trees because he felt the first few icy nights and knew fun time was over and it was time to go home;). They are up there intelligence wise, very smart birds goffins are (as I'm sure you know with all yours!). I am also glad he's safe and back where he belongs.

Puck

Mar 8, 2015
Hahaha I can't believe it! That is hilarious! And of all the houses to chew on, he picks the birthplace of Kennedy? Lol! I am also amused by the Buddhist woman. It's sweet that she wants birds to live free, but doesn't she realize cockatoos aren't built for Boston winters? When I was living in Honduras, sure, there were wild parrots everywhere, but it's a TROPICAL local. Three feet of snow is not what cockatoos are made for, even if they would be well camouflaged. This whole story is just hilarious, especially to a Parront. It's just so PARROT LIKE.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Amazing story, thanks April :). Those Goffin's sure are hardy creatures! Especially one used to living indoors. I'm surprised he survived the winter back east.

Dino seriously needs toys. Unfortunately, this shows the public that birds just live in a bare cage, as if they're a creature of low intelligence. Maybe the owner has him out all the time. Especially now, he's not going to want to go in the cage ever, after being free!

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Amazing story, thanks April :). Those Goffin's sure are hardy creatures! Especially one used to living indoors. I'm surprised he survived the winter back east.

Dino seriously needs toys. Unfortunately, this shows the public that birds just live in a bare cage, as if they're a creature of low intelligence. Maybe the owner has him out all the time. Especially now, he's not going to want to go in the cage ever, after being free!

I actually kind of assumed the cage was empty because the owner brought it over to where Dino was sighted and would be transporting him back home in it. Who knows though. Sounds like the family never stopped looking for him though. Hopefully that fact means he has a relieved family who have lots of toys and treats waiting for him!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
A funny/cute story lol..glad to read all is well with Dino and the neighborhood can get back to some normalcy lol..and ya,I can see Jonesy pulling a stunt like that and laughing all the while :rolleyes:

Jim

ToMang07

Jul 14, 2015
Maine, USA
Parrots
Willow the Umbrella Cockatoo
That's funny. Glad they caught the little bugger before it got too much colder!

Most Reactions

Latest posts