Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Since right after we got Ekko, he started calling my husband 'Dad". I have said 'Mom' literally thousands of times to him and the other birds, but not a one would say it. Justice had tried but didn't have enough time to perfect it before we lost him.

Well, tonight I was downstairs with the birds out, and I was holding Ekko as we danced around and sang. When the song went off we sat down and Ekko reached over and put his beak close to my face and I thought he said it, but Charley was screaming his fool head off so I wasn't sure. Next Ekko backed his head up and looked straight in my face, very clearly said 'Mom' and then gave me a kiss.
What a fantastic moment, and more than worth the wait ❤️

Ekko Tax:)

full

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh what a wonderful moment, and he gave you a kiss along with it too?! I know how much that would have touched your heart 🥰 Good job, Ekko!!
It absolutely did and I had tears in my eyes. Reg came into the room right after that, and I looked at him and asked him to guess what Ekko had said. Ekko asked me "What?"
Haha, of course he wouldn't repeat it to Reg. He just looked at Reg all confused as if he had no idea what I was talking about. He is a stinker!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
But he's a very cute stinker! Good boy, Ekko! ❤️ Now if you'd be kind and tell Tucker to tell me he loves me, I'd Soooooooooo appreciate it!

To this date, he's told me exactly once, just a few months after he got here, and the same day that Baxter told me. Neither have said it again in five years. 😢 Avery has said it exactly twice, and it's been quite a while since then too. Guess they're getting together while I'm at work and all on board with the "always leave him wanting more" approach. *Sigh*

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
The Rb has picked up several thigs he hears rarely, YETTTTT I have said "I love you" to him at least 20 times a day for 40 years... think I ever heard it back?
NOOOOOOOO!"
And admit that which we already know? Not bloody likely! 🤣

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
But he's a very cute stinker! Good boy, Ekko! ❤️ Now if you'd be kind and tell Tucker to tell me he loves me, I'd Soooooooooo appreciate it!

To this date, he's told me exactly once, just a few months after he got here, and the same day that Baxter told me. Neither have said it again in five years. 😢 Avery has said it exactly twice, and it's been quite a while since then too. Guess they're getting together while I'm at work and all on board with the "always leave him wanting more" approach. *Sigh*
Only 5 more years to wait if they're using Ekko's timetable!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Awwwww that’s so sweet!!
I know! It so touched my heart. I hadn't been able to do the stairs to go down and see him for a couple of days prior, so maybe he just missed me (and/or the treats I bring with me:unsure:

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
The Rb has picked up several thigs he hears rarely, YETTTTT I have said "I love you" to him at least 20 times a day for 40 years... think I ever heard it back?
NOOOOOOOO!"
Rb is playing the long, long, long game apparently. Maybe if you make it sound like a curse word he'll repeat it? All of mine jump right in with a perfect pronunciation if we slip and cuss.

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus (Male)
Since right after we got Ekko, he started calling my husband 'Dad". I have said 'Mom' literally thousands of times to him and the other birds, but not a one would say it. Justice had tried but didn't have enough time to perfect it before we lost him.

Well, tonight I was downstairs with the birds out, and I was holding Ekko as we danced around and sang. When the song went off we sat down and Ekko reached over and put his beak close to my face and I thought he said it, but Charley was screaming his fool head off so I wasn't sure. Next Ekko backed his head up and looked straight in my face, very clearly said 'Mom' and then gave me a kiss.
What a fantastic moment, and more than worth the wait ❤️

Ekko Tax:)

full
Hello, my my our Moses has conversations with my wife:) If i go outside for awhile, he will say "Where's Daddy", my wife says he went outside but come back soon - he then says "Daddy come bac", my wife says he come back soon, then Moses says "Okay" he often calls Daddy and I Love you Daddy, i am also the only one he gets hormonal with however lately he gets hormonal with the front door mat:)))

Attachments

• 20220130_185700.jpg
    20220130_185700.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 7

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
I say I love you lots to my boy, he has never said it back , but he does squeak or do 3 clicks as a reply sometimes. I so hope my Ekkie will eventually say it.
Hello
sometimes it may take time, i see he repeats my wife's voice more than mine...i have been trying to get him to say "Daddy's Good Boy" but never even tries:)))) he does speak several words in Lithuanian as my wife will speak to him in Lithuanian if he is bad boy, like grabbing her eyeglasses

Attachments

• IMG_2024-01-17-15-12-29-479.jpg
    IMG_2024-01-17-15-12-29-479.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 7

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Nico says Nico at least 30-40 times a day. He also laughs like a human on a regular basis. I just got back from a vacation I took Nico on. We drove 24 hours in a car, and did the whole drive through fast food thing to make good time driving. Let me tell you how awkward it is explaining to a chick fil a cashier that there’s a bird in the backseat who is laughing, and not at her. The cashier was looking everywhere for the human that was laughing at her because Nico sounds exactly like a human laughing. If a bunch of people are laughing at my house Nico will outdo everyone and laugh louder… 🤦‍♀️

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Nico says Nico at least 30-40 times a day. He also laughs like a human on a regular basis. I just got back from a vacation I took Nico on. We drove 24 hours in a car, and did the whole drive through fast food thing to make good time driving. Let me tell you how awkward it is explaining to a chick fil a cashier that there’s a bird in the backseat who is laughing, and not at her. The cashier was looking everywhere for the human that was laughing at her because Nico sounds exactly like a human laughing. If a bunch of people are laughing at my house Nico will outdo everyone and laugh louder… 🤦‍♀️
I would love to have seen the cashier's face once she saw Nico! I would LOVE to hear Nico's laugh!

My CAG Justice had my laugh down pat! One day I was on the phone with a friend while I had the birds out, and it was a serious situation we were talking about. About halfway through, my friend started laughing and said he was glad that he knew that Justice mimicked my laugh because he would have wondered why on earth I was laughing when he was pouring his heart out to me. I had tuned everything out because I was focusing on our conversation and it didn't even click that Justice was hysterically laughing in the background🤣

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Hello
I used to take my service dog for a car ride every day about 2pm, Moses her best friend started to say car ride so i started taking moses as well:) it seems that Moses talks much more when in the car (actually honda van, i bought for my service dog as she could not get into my SUV anymore :( she passed from cancer and hip dsyplasia at 13 years old)
One day it started to rain and Moses started flapping his wings like he does when he and i go for a shower together(yes he loves to shower with me:) he did not like baths in the ink or a large dog dish with water, but loves showering :)
Has anyone else notice their ecky talking more in the vehicle?
God Bless

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hello
I used to take my service dog for a car ride every day about 2pm, Moses her best friend started to say car ride so i started taking moses as well:) it seems that Moses talks much more when in the car (actually honda van, i bought for my service dog as she could not get into my SUV anymore :( she passed from cancer and hip dsyplasia at 13 years old)
One day it started to rain and Moses started flapping his wings like he does when he and i go for a shower together(yes he loves to shower with me:) he did not like baths in the ink or a large dog dish with water, but loves showering :)
Has anyone else notice their ecky talking more in the vehicle?
God Bless
I so wish that Ekko liked getting in the shower, he prefers a misting bottle for some reason.
I'm so sorry for your loss of your service dog, that had to have been so difficult.

Ekko does talk a lot when he's in the vehicle. We drove 5 hours away to pick him up, and by the time we got him and refilled the truck, it was snowing. Like really snowing. We drove for at least 3 hours in a white-out, we could barely see a foot in front of us. Our whole drive roundtrip took us like 14 hours. Reg and I were white knuckling it while Ekko was singing us a Disney song, with bouts of "Hi! How are you?" the entire trip. He was hysterical!

On a side note, Ekko was who led me to join PF. I knew I was getting him for a couple of months before I actually did and I found the forum when researching about Eclectus since I'd never had one.
An Ekkie was my dream bird, and man, Ekko fulfilled that dream and more ❤️

Most Reactions

Latest posts