It’s a GIRL!!!!

Briburd

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2021
Media
San Diego
Parrots
Mojito the green cheek conure
So my sweet baby GCC who just turned two earlier this year has just been confirmed a GIRL! I am shocked because I would’ve bet money that she was a boy and have been claiming her to be a boy but the DNA results from the vet just came back today and he is a she! Obviously I am happy either way but it just goes to show you can read all of the claims on how to tell the difference between non-sexually dimorphic birds but the truth really is in the DNA test.
IMG_0675.png

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Congrats on your cute lil girl!!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
So my sweet baby GCC who just turned two earlier this year has just been confirmed a GIRL! I am shocked because I would’ve bet money that she was a boy and have been claiming her to be a boy but the DNA results from the vet just came back today and he is a she! Obviously I am happy either way but it just goes to show you can read all of the claims on how to tell the difference between non-sexually dimorphic birds but the truth really is in the DNA test. View attachment 50574
Girl birds ROCK! Look what my girl budgie Rocky did to HER sneaker!
The hard part is going to be calling your GCC "she" now, which is kinda silly
IMG_20230503_120303838.jpg

OP
Briburd

Briburd

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2021
Media
San Diego
Parrots
The sneaker was her first toy! She loved it so much. She also destroyed it quite a bit! and yes I agree she is so talkative and active she my crazy little gal. 🤪

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
based on your first picture you have man hands......YOUR CONURE WILL FALL IN LOVE YOU. be prepaired for eggs.... Look up how to do with that. Other than that can only say your a good owner.

Also I think girl bird GCCs are better talkers IMO

Last edited:
OP
Briburd

Briburd

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2021
Media
San Diego
Parrots
based on your first picture you have man hands......YOUR CONURE WILL FALL IN LOVE YOU. be prepaired for eggs.... Look up how to do with that. Other than that can only say your a good owner.

Also I think bird GCCs are better talkers IMO
Thanks😊 my hands do look a bit manly in that photo 😂 I’ve read up quite a bit on egg laying and such after looking after a female cockatiel for someone who ended up laying eggs while in my care but i still plan on diving deeper into research now.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I have a tread about my own conure laying eggs thinking she was my wife.... it's on here somewhere.

But yeah I don't know just enjoy the love.

Most Reactions

Latest posts