It's gotta be Karma...

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Good for you! I'm not sure what financing is like now. When I bought mine I had to put down 10% and pay closing costs up front. They also made me make a couple extra car payments so I'd have less than a year on the car. I don't know why 11 car payments was better than 13, but that's what they said I needed to do. I know for awhile there they were loaning to people with no down payments and all that, but they also crashed the housing market doing that. I bet things have tightened up again.

Plus you need some savings for things that go wrong. And of course you need to start saving now for retirement. Might sound funny, but you really do.

OP
Helitorian

Helitorian

Dec 15, 2011
Nebraska
Parrots
RIP Constantine: Jenday Conure
Good for you! I'm not sure what financing is like now. When I bought mine I had to put down 10% and pay closing costs up front. They also made me make a couple extra car payments so I'd have less than a year on the car. I don't know why 11 car payments was better than 13, but that's what they said I needed to do. I know for awhile there they were loaning to people with no down payments and all that, but they also crashed the housing market doing that. I bet things have tightened up again.

Plus you need some savings for things that go wrong. And of course you need to start saving now for retirement. Might sound funny, but you really do.

Already started saving for retirement lol Started doing that at 19 when I had the option of a 401k. Buying a house is gonna be later in the year or next year perhaps so that I can save every cent I earn (except for food and spoiling Con and bills). I'd like to meet with a realtor so I have some idea as of what to expect when the time comes. I'm just super excited :)

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011

Already started saving for retirement lol Started doing that at 19 when I had the option of a 401k. Buying a house is gonna be later in the year or next year perhaps so that I can save every cent I earn (except for food and spoiling Con and bills). I'd like to meet with a realtor so I have some idea as of what to expect when the time comes. I'm just super excited :)

It took a few realtors before I found one that wanted to work with me. Most of them kind of blew me off after looking at one house because I wasn't going to be spending huge amounts of money. I had actually called a bank first to ask how much of a loan I could get based on my income. Then I knew what price range I could shop in.

It's good you are already saving for retirement. I started with my first job at age 14. That's also how I had the money for the house when I started looking. When you are living with your parents still is the best time to save a large amount of money. Too many young people spend it on clothes and CDs and stuff like that. Then everyone wanted to know how I bought a house so young. And I was like, remember how I was saving my money when you guys were all spending yours? That's how.

Most Reactions

Latest posts