Media
Crestview Florida
Parrots
Goffin Cockatoo (Silas)
Congo African Grey (Banjo)
Yellow Naped Amazon (Aurora)
B & G Macaw ( Marley )
Scarlet Macaw ( Phoenix )
My Husband (CaptSteve) has been gone for the last 28 days. I have been feeding, cleaning up after and keeping Silus busy this whole time. Steve walks in the door and gives lots of kisses and Loves for his Daddy!! I'm Chopped liver now!!! Where's the fairness in all that?

Here is a picture of Silus getting his all over skritches from his Daddy!! If I try this I get bit!!!!:(

Last edited:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Sorry, I can't help myself.... That photo is TOO precious!!!

Send Steve out of the room and see if Silus gives you kisses again. :) But wait, they kind of look attached to the hip at the moment. :D

NeverBroken

Aug 22, 2013
NY
Parrots
Lola the U2
LOL too cute :)

I am the one home all day caring for Lola, but when 'Daddy' comes home from work- she can't wait to get to him! Makes special noises for him and everything. She and I get along fantastically, but she just LOVES men.... it's just the way it is :)

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Lol, I think many of us can relate. The can be such rude little creatures sometimes! Kiwi took to my husband within a few weeks of adopting him. It took him the better part of a year before he would step up to me. He cries when his daddy leaves, and gives whistles of joy when I do. I feel SO unloved sometimes....

OP
TreeBee

TreeBee

Jul 13, 2013
Media
Crestview Florida
Parrots
Goffin Cockatoo (Silas)
B & G Macaw ( Marley )
Well he does step up for me and play a little, But if he lands on the floor I have to chance him down.When Daddy's home Silus lands on the floor and goes running to Daddy!! So I guess what i'm saying is he tolerates me when his Daddy is gone, But that's about it! LOL

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
We don't have that much of jealousy issue here since I have birds that's strictly mine to touch and certain one prefers my partner. Some that don't care....but I am able to hold all! So you need to get the two you guys mentioned before, the macaw and grey.... :D

OP
TreeBee

TreeBee

Jul 13, 2013
Media
Crestview Florida
Parrots
Goffin Cockatoo (Silas)
B & G Macaw ( Marley )
Steve says thanks alot Mikey!!!!!!! I agree with ya :)

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
What an ingrate! Just kidding.
His Number One is back, so you'll just have to settle for the Number 2 spot. But remember, even t he #2 spot in a parrot's heart is a wonderful thing.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Your bound to find one that prefers you when you have multiple! Hopefully anyways...lol I was hoping since we have two macaws now, one would go to my partner, but nope, my macaw again.... :D

Most Reactions