Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=kh9X--j_gGw"]HYACINTH MACAW ESCAPES TRAPPER: A Clip from WINGED MIGRATION - YouTube[/ame]

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Thanks a million for sharing this, Plax. I will have to look into buying this film now. :)

I swear, in the beginning of the clip as I was watching and listening to the Macaws, in my head I heard the song "What a wonderful World"....until I saw the boat with all the poor trapped animals. :(...then the music changed to "Twilight Zone".

OP
plax

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
Yeah, it pretty well presents the sharp contrast between the magnificent splendor of their natural freedom and when they hit the devastating brick wall of human greed. That's so impactful and so sad :(

But you should see Zaf watching the first part of it from my shoulder. He loves the flight part and bounces up and down and keeps looking at me and then back at the screen. He really responds to their calls!

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
Parrots really are the smartest animals in the world. It's depressing to see such beautiful animals trapped and imported. Did you know that they WERE only 2 sphix macaws in the wild. They were beautiful creatures but they were over hunted. BOth were a male and female, everybody hoped they would mate but they didn't. Now they are major breeding faculties training pet spuinxes to be released so they could bring back the species. They were the same kind of birds in Rio the movie.

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
That breaks my heart to see all those beautiful animals roaming free only to be trapped and carried off. I'm thrilled to see that one escaped.

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
Here's a pic of one

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351900009.263359.jpg

OP
plax

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
Parrots really are the smartest animals in the world. It's depressing to see such beautiful animals trapped and imported.
Indeed so :02:

Did you know that they WERE only 2 sphix macaws in the wild. They were beautiful creatures but they were over hunted. BOth were a male and female, everybody hoped they would mate but they didn't. Now they are major breeding faculties training pet spuinxes to be released so they could bring back the species. They were the same kind of birds in Rio the movie.
We discussed the most endangered (and the already extinct) Macaws, including the Spix/Spix's Macaw, several weeks ago in this thread:

http://www.parrotforums.com/macaws/21131-how-much-did-you-pay-your-macaw-6.html#post171923

When they're gone, they're gone... and that's so very sad :02:

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
this is truly heartbreaking. no animal deserves that after being happy and free...could not of been happier that at least one escaped <3

would you believe as soon as i started the video, fargo flew over, climbed over to my hand and then just stared at the screen the whole time, didnt talk or scream like he usually does when he hears another bird, but instead just watched..
tab_xo-albums-fargo-picture5619-fargo.jpg

OP
plax

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
this is truly heartbreaking. no animal deserves that after being happy and free...could not of been happier that at least one escaped <3
Yes Tab, it's such a sad thing... and to make it much worse, many parrots have died during the transports :'( Birds are very fragile in terms of how much stress they can take :02:

would you believe as soon as i started the video, fargo flew over, climbed over to my hand and then just stared at the screen the whole time, didnt talk or scream like he usually does when he hears another bird, but instead just watched..
While that's truly amazing about Fargo, I certainly believe it... Macaws are really drawn to this clip and Fargo is a very smart Macaw. Plus I think the intended powerful message from the clip becomes quite clear as it switches scenes to the captured animals. Parrots can and do feel empathy.

Karigan

Jul 3, 2011
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Kitoko: Female Senegal Parrot, born 2002
Talia: Female CAG, born 2008
Mateo: Female CAG, born 2008
I watched that movie last week, this was definitely the best scene.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Plax, please forgive me, it's still quite early, and I probably shoudn't be looking to place an order for this film with my eyes still half shut, but would you please be so kind and tell me which of these is the right film/documentary? Or all they all the same? :eek:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=winged+migration"]Amazon.com: winged migration[/ame]

Alwese

Jul 25, 2010
Media
Jacksonville, Florida
Parrots
Clifford-Scarlet Macaw
Kayko- B&G Macaw
Doogie - Catalina Hybrid Macaw
It is amazing how macaws know it is another macaw when they see and hear one on U-
Tube. My boy Doogie is especially attentive. You can spend hours watching all the macaws talk and videos people have made of their birds there. What really amazes me is how my birds know when they are in the presence of a FEMALE macaw; then all bets about what they will do or how they will act are off.

OP
plax

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
Plax, please forgive me, it's still quite early, and I probably shoudn't be looking to place an order for this film with my eyes still half shut, but would you please be so kind and tell me which of these is the right film/documentary? Or all they all the same? :eek:

Amazon.com: winged migration
Wendy, I get a 404 error with your link.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012

Hmm.

I hope this works. Is it this one?
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Winged-Migration/dp/B000MQ7B1I"]Amazon.com: Winged Migration: Philippe Labro, Jacques Perrin, Christophe Barratier: Amazon Instant Video[/ame]

or this one?
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Winged-Migration-Blu-ray-Jacques-Perrin/dp/B000KC829Y/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1351953426&sr=8-4&keywords=winged+migration"]Amazon.com: Winged Migration [Blu-ray] (2009): Jacques Perrin: Movies & TV[/ame]

OP
plax

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)

Hmm.

I hope this works. Is it this one?
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Winged-Migration/dp/B000MQ7B1I"]Amazon.com: Winged Migration: Philippe Labro, Jacques Perrin, Christophe Barratier: Amazon Instant Video[/ame]

or this one?
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Winged-Migration-Blu-ray-Jacques-Perrin/dp/B000KC829Y/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1351953426&sr=8-4&keywords=winged+migration"]Amazon.com: Winged Migration [Blu-ray] (2009): Jacques Perrin: Movies & TV[/ame]
Those are both it. The latter simply appears to be a re-release that's available on Blu-ray.

Most Reactions