I've been a bad girl.....again. Oops.

MangieSun

Jan 22, 2014
California
Parrots
Mangie- Sun Conure
Pixel- cockatiel
Jasper- bare eyed cockatoo
Another sweet baby has stolen my heart. Dang these feathered creatures and their magnetic draw! Ever since I met a Crimson Bellied Conure at a bird shop, I was smitten. He was sold the following weekend to someone else. So I tried to quit thinking about that little thing.

Well, I've found another sweetheart and I'm afraid my bank account will be taking a hit. I just can't resist. Lol. What's one more, right?:)

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
I know *exactly* how you feel... hopefully your bank account recovers quickly, but I'm sure swooning over your new baby will take your mind off it :)
Can't wait for pictures of your new fid!!! :D

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
If your heart tells you to do a right thing you would never regret your "lost" money. We rescued our GCC amidst most critical financial situation, and everybody thought we were crazy. However here was NO other option for us - you and people here would understand! We are so thankful this happened and we have a fantastic little cuddly family member now. I cannot imagine my life without Parry.

OP
MangieSun

MangieSun

Jan 22, 2014
California
Parrots
Mangie- Sun Conure
Pixel- cockatiel
Oh yes. Totally teasing about the bank account. Easy come easy go. Wish the hubsters shared that mentality. Lol. I'm really good at spending money and he isn't quite as good at that skill.

Very excited to get the little girl. Probably next week some time. I will share pics for sure. :)

Eta. Veimar. I'm so happy to hear about your rescued sweety being the best thing ever! Nothing better than birds.

Last edited:

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Hurry it up! You have to catch up to our numbers here:p

Can't wait for pictures! I'm going to the rescue tomorrow and will do my best to avoid the amazons;)

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
cinnamon turquoise gcc - luna,
pineapple gcc - drago,
galah/rose breasted cockatoo - merlin,
timneh african grey - jasper,
pied cockatiel - picasso,
blue & gold macaw - mia
That's so exciting! Congrats! :)

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
Least you got to make the decision with a gang of amazons taunting you :)

Congrats on falling for another one!! Its kinda funny once it starts. I was late to the game. Victoria had birds for years (the tiels), but I just could not see the point... I still get tormented about those comments!!

But, yep you need to plan out the bird room and figure where to put cages, you have to play catchup... especially with Rosie addition soon!!

Get pics if you visit before she is ready to come home! Congrats on the new baby, should be a nice contrast to Jasper's white :) Look forward to seeing the family pic for 2014! :)

OP
MangieSun

MangieSun

Jan 22, 2014
California
Parrots
Mangie- Sun Conure
Pixel- cockatiel
Thanks everyone.

She is weaned and ready. I was just waiting on DNA to fully commit. I'm sending my money on Monday and she will be shipped next week:)

critterman

Jan 1, 2011
Maryland
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure.
MangieSun congratulations. I also have a crimson bellied conure male. He is the best thing that ever happened to me and worth every penny I spent. I am now looking for a female. His name is Ziggy and he is 16 months old. Keep us posted please and send pictures. Please see my profile for a picture of him. Thanks.

Last edited:

Birdbrain91

Dec 6, 2013
Denver, Colorado
Parrots
Apollo (A bossy YSGCC) Cleo (Sun Conure) Wesley (B&G Macaw)
Congrats I can't wait to see pictures.

I just got a shirt the says "birds are like potato chips. You just can't have one"

This is so true.

Most Reactions

Latest posts