I've been going at this all wrong!

PickleMeDickles

May 17, 2015
Southern California
Parrots
SassyByrd (DYH Amazon) JoJo (GCC) Betty (GCC) DEARLY LOVED fids lost to “Teflon Disaster� 12/17 RIP Pickles (GC),RIP Winston (Sun), RIP Lady PLEASE TAKE 5 MINUTES &TOSS OUT ALL YOUR TEFLON NOW!
I have now decided to give up our business and become an Amazon Feather Farmer. I have been perusing the internet for a personalized gift from Sass to Hubby for his birthday and ended up on Etsy. Somehow I came across Amazon feathers for sale, and at outlandish prices. Now when my Hubby complains about "all the money I spend on birds blah blah blah" I can just reply that I am farming Amazon/Conure feathers! The only problem is Sass bangs up her feathers to Kingdom Come by swinging and rolling and banging her way through the day, I don't know if we would actually ever have an intact one to sell!

Amazon Feathers.jpg

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Ain't it the true truth?????!!!!
I, too, have surfed Etsy and eBay and the 'net in general and have been astonished at the feather gold mine. Last time i checked, there was even a tiny market for Rickeybird feathers, especially the bronze-y tail and turquoise-y flight feathers.
Who knew?

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Isolated Holler in the Appalachian Wilderness
Parrots
B&G Macaw, Galah, 5 cockatiels, 50 billion and a half budgies. We breed and do rescue. Too many to list each individual's name and age etc, but they are each individuals and loved dearly.
Yeah, and "smudging feathers" can be even more. Hubbs and I have been collecting various feathers to use for such things and other crafts one of these days. Modern farming requires modern solutions, lol

I think the things people will spend money on are absurd, but who am I not to supply their need and ask the goinng market rate? :angel:

Last edited:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Oh my!!!!! Wonder what the market will bear for yellow, blue, and green Quaker feathers?!?! @@

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Oh my!!!!! Wonder what the market will bear for yellow, blue, and green Quaker feathers?!?! @@

Hmmm, in North America there are areas that have Band Quakers! Likely a huge untouched Black Market in those areas!!! That would indicate a big money market! Right?

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
LMFAO......feather farmin'. Shoot we must have 40 or so we been saving from Salty's molts. Too funny. I can see me holdin' him by his legs and shaking him..."Come on now, I know you got another $10 worth left on you! Those parrot toys ain't cheap". "OK boy, time to molt the back 40".

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Dang I have close to 40 of Amys' rudders and sleeves :eek: Where do I sign up??

Jim

Anita1250

Oct 19, 2017
NYC
Parrots
Blue Fronted Amazon 35 years old
Holy cow! I never thought I could get so much for Sammy's lost feathers. I could have been rich by now!

Most Reactions

Latest posts