Ivory tried an orange!

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
After all the attempts to get Ivory to eat different things, we found that telling her she could not have something we were eating was the best method for her to try new foods....

My husband started an orange last night and Ivory immediately had to see what he was doing. We joke she has turned into such a cockatoo :)

We let her 'steal' a section and she more pulled it apart then ate anything, but nevertheless, it was a moment! So had to get a video clip :)

Well that first video link did not work... try this again!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJY772QK1bw&feature=youtu.be"]Ivory orange - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
That was really sweet:) Ekko is the only one of mine that will even try an orange.

Mishcka

Feb 11, 2014
Nashville
Parrots
Cookatoo
be alittle careful with oranges ... i think its great to get the birds to eat all sorts of different fruites but i found with my sophie that citrus fruits like oranges when she eats to means citurs things in a short time she will start to itch. Not sure why but i have read its something to do with the cirtus sitting in there gullet for a long period of time. Mind you she Loves oranges too lol so i give them as a treat. :)

Most Reactions