java tree while missing cage

serge_09

Aug 8, 2013
Leicester, England, UK
Parrots
Lola - GreenWing Macaw
so im having my room decorated over this week and have put Lola into boarding to keep her away from plaster, dust, paint and vinyl glue fumes etc. ive had to take her big corner cage down with the intent to buy the new regular shaped cage whilst shes away and then build the new one in there (as the old one will no longer fit).

the problem being is she is due to come home around Monday and theirs a good chance the cage wont arrive until next Wednesday-Friday

i have a java tree at work that she uses daily, do you think she will be alright with using this permanently for a few days to sleep on? until the new cage arrives

thanks

Selestine

Jun 18, 2013
Glendale, AZ
Parrots
My beautiful SI Eclectus Zephyr and my handsome B&G macaw Vandal, daughter's Sun Conure Loki and son's GCC Blaze
Plenty of people have birds who live cage-free. Mine don't, so I can't really offer you any practical experience, but that said..

It seems to me that it would really depend on your bird, and your room. If the room is safe without things that she could get into and hurt herself with (or things that she could destroy that you'll be upset over) then it might be okay?

When you put her on her perch now, does she stay put or get down and go exploring after a while?

Could you put her cage in a different room just temporarily until the new one arrives? Or even in the hallway?

Most Reactions

Latest posts