Jojo playtime - lots of pics

rescuebird

Apr 2, 2017
Indiana
Parrots
Amazon (fostered)
Jojo is out on the playstand this morning.

Please excuse the dirty perch - Friday is scrub day for everything.

[ame="https://youtu.be/1VfeEIsiCz4"]https://youtu.be/1VfeEIsiCz4[/ame]

OP
R

rescuebird

Apr 2, 2017
Indiana
Parrots
Amazon (fostered)
[ame="https://youtu.be/hzzRQ-t930k"]https://youtu.be/hzzRQ-t930k[/ame]

OP
R

rescuebird

Apr 2, 2017
Indiana
Parrots
Amazon (fostered)
rescuebird-albums-jojo-picture17905-20170406-161532753-ios.jpg

rescuebird-albums-jojo-picture17907-20170406-161510461-ios.jpg

rescuebird-albums-jojo-picture17908-20170406-161137956-ios.jpg

rescuebird-albums-jojo-picture17909-20170406-161128751-ios.jpg

rescuebird-albums-jojo-picture17910-20170406-161151664-ios.jpg

PrimorandMoxi

May 29, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
Max (23yo) Blue and Gold Macaw,
&
PRIMOR (8yo) Red Lored Amazon,
&
ABBA (33yo) Red Lored Amazon - RIP
I just have to tell you that I love this bird and you for rescuing her.

She really has the same expression as my aba-baba who is in her early thirties and a bit mistrustful after not being in the best situations.

OP
R

rescuebird

Apr 2, 2017
Indiana
Parrots
Amazon (fostered)
Love the pics and videos!! Jojo looks very happy and comfortable :)

It's hard to believe she's the same bird who was totally cagebound just two months ago! She's come so far - and I think the biggest changes are mostly just due to her spending lots of time out of the cage.

OP
R

rescuebird

Apr 2, 2017
Indiana
Parrots
Amazon (fostered)
I just have to tell you that I love this bird and you for rescuing her.

She really has the same expression as my aba-baba who is in her early thirties and a bit mistrustful after not being in the best situations.

Thank you - I'd love to claim all the credit for rescuing her, but I'm just a foster home until she finds her forever home. We enjoy her, enjoy helping, and are committed to giving her what she needs as long as she is in rescue, but we can't be her forever home. Giving her up will be hard, but necessary. We are of an age that she is likely to outlive us both and plan to become full-time travelers within about 5 years health permitting.

https://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/35626264

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Jojo is a double Yellow-Headed Amazon. Not textbook prefect, but meets the process of classification for a DYHA. What she is missing is the continuation of the Buttercup Yellow deep onto the back of the Neck and the splash of Red on the Yellow Feather-ends on that area of the Neck.

If you or someone in the future should want to Show her, that would need to be acknowledged in the entry documents. That would limit her getting Class Honors, but not in placing well.

Enjoy, Jojo is clearly becoming a really sweetheart!

FYI: I would recommend that you include that information regarding what she is missing regarding the classifications of a DYHA. It is a clear identification marking that would help in I.D. ing, her if ever needed.

Last edited:
OP
R

rescuebird

Apr 2, 2017
Indiana
Parrots
Amazon (fostered)
Jojo is a double Yellow-Headed Amazon. Not textbook prefect, but meets the process of classification for a DYHA. What she is missing is the continuation of the Buttercup Yellow deep onto the back of the Neck and the splash of Red on the Yellow Feather-ends on that area of the Neck.

If you or someone in the future should want to Show her, that would need to be acknowledged in the entry documents. That would limit her getting Class Honors, but not in placing well.

FYI: I would recommend that you include that information regarding what she is missing regarding the classifications of a DYHA. It is a clear identification marking that would help in I.D. ing, her if ever needed.

Thank you - we'll definitely add that to her file. We're reworking the adoption info this week and I'll try to get the details included. I hoped the photos would give more to go on to identify her species.

She does have a couple of small yellow splashes low on her chest that are difficult to see in the photos, as well as a bit of yellow along with the red on wing bows.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.

Thank you - we'll definitely add that to her file. We're reworking the adoption info this week and I'll try to get the details included. I hoped the photos would give more to go on to identify her species.

She does have a couple of small yellow splashes low on her chest that are difficult to see in the photos, as well as a bit of yellow along with the red on wing bows.

" wing bows"...lmbo!

JoJo is a very beautiful young lady! JoJo?? you have plenty of toys,and a large activity area...but prefer to play with crumpled up news print..lol..typical parrot!!!

Jim

Most Reactions