Just a question

Kaitama

Nov 12, 2023
Parrots
no none other than parrakeets
I am getting 2 macaws but this is not related to that. whats a good sized cage for 2 budgies. I currently have 2 budgies but they're in a cage way to small for them but I didn't have the money to get them a bigger cage. But now I can so whats a good size for the 2 of them with lots of space for toys and such.

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
If your budgies are given time outside to stretch their wings and exercise, then a smaller cage is okay. My two budgies’ cage is about 18” deep x 22” wide x 28” tall. The cage is open all day so they can come and go as they please and they’re only locked in it at night. Even so, I wouldn’t want them in a cage much smaller than this. If your birds stay in their cage all day, then they really should have a flight cage as they are very active little birds. Something like this one on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Topeakmart-W...6?keywords=flight+cage&qid=1699978565&sr=8-16

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
I am getting 2 macaws but this is not related to that. whats a good sized cage for 2 budgies. I currently have 2 budgies but they're in a cage way to small for them but I didn't have the money to get them a bigger cage. But now I can so whats a good size for the 2 of them with lots of space for toys and such.
If your thinking of spending 14k on cages for your macaws then at least get a decent sized cage for your budgies...
I'm interested to learn how your macaws get along with the budgies. Tiny and massive. I hope they create a peaceful flock

OP
K

Kaitama

Nov 12, 2023
Parrots
no none other than parrakeets
If your thinking of spending 14k on cages for your macaws then at least get a decent sized cage for your budgies...
I'm interested to learn how your macaws get along with the budgies. Tiny and massive. I hope they create a peaceful flock
I'm not gonna get the 14k cage and when I get the macaws I'm also upgrading their cage since the cage they came with is way to small. I got my budgies from someone who couldn't care for them anymore. I'm also gonna get them lots of toys. And as for the macaws I'm getting them a large aviary that'll fit my finances currently later I'll get them a really big one that is top quality And I will update you guys on their bonding and if they form a flock when I get my macaws

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
I'm not gonna get the 14k cage and when I get the macaws I'm also upgrading their cage since the cage they came with is way to small. I got my budgies from someone who couldn't care for them anymore. I'm also gonna get them lots of toys. And as for the macaws I'm getting them a large aviary that'll fit my finances currently later I'll get them a really big one that is top quality And I will update you guys on their bonding and if they form a flock when I get my macaws
I hope they do get along that would be so cute

Most Reactions

Latest posts