Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
Today I had one of my most enjoyable moments with little Kyo.

This morning she was all play play play, running around, playing with her cat ball, fetching ketchup cups.

This afternoon when I came home from work, she was SUPER vocal, and we spent some time talking (well, she was yelling more than talking hehe) and she made a new phrase. She decided that "I love poopie" is much better than I love you.

We then went into her carrier and into the bathroom to clean her cage grate. While I cleaned her grate, I let her out and ran a bath in the sink for her which she LOVES. She just loves feeling like she's helping me XD

After soaking herself for about 10 minutes, she jumped onto my shoulder and I put her back in her carrier to take back to her room.

In her room I sat on my chair and talked softly to her while she flew around all sopping wet deciding where she wanted to dry off. I picked up our fleece cuddle blanket (it's sized to fit over my shoulders or my thighs when I sit down) and laid it across the top of the chair. She came right over and sat on it, preening. I offered my hand to step up, and she unbelievable adorably pushed her head between my fingers and started yawning while rubbing her head. I started rubbing her little cheeks and she laid right down on her belly and let me scratch her head for about 5 minutes.

She was being really really adorable. I was just loving the moment. Then, she flew over onto my shoulder which I don't usually allow. I went to get her to step up, and again she stuck her little head between my fingers and begged for head scratches. I just couldn't say no, and rubbed her head on my shoulder while she snuggled into my neck. I always wear my hoodie when I have her out to keep my ears safe, and she was really enjoying snuggling into me.

Thanks for reading. I just like to be able to share these moments and have them written somewhere I can go back to when things are going less pleasant.

:) <3

AJBirds

Apr 9, 2015
Parrots
Pixie - Hahn's Macaw
Aw, how cute. Thank you for sharing! I love reading happy birdie stories :)

Ashleigh86

Sep 12, 2013
California
Parrots
Female Sun Conure-Indy Female pineapple green cheek-Tiki
I just love when our babies are having those really sweet days :) You definitely have to hold onto that when they are little devils some days! LOL Thanks for sharing!

Most Reactions

Latest posts