Just joined, our Parrot layed a egg

GarryRicketson

Feb 1, 2014
Hello, my name is Garry,
I just now joined the forum, our parrots, well the female just recently laid her first eggs, but "Kiko" the macho, papa ate them, They are "Loros", and we are wondering what we can do so he does not eat the eggs,.any way, also sometimes there are other questions that come up, and I enjoy sharing about our parrots, mostly my wife takes care of them, as I am gone all the week at work, but on the weekends I sit with them and visit, so I have grown fond of them, they are fun.
guess for now that is all,we live in Mexico, and mostly speak spanish but my english is pretty good.
nice to meet everyone.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
The way I used to deal with egg eaters is by removing one of the eggs before he eats them. Poke a small hole on either side of the egg and blow out the egg content. Mix the egg with hot mustard, cayenne pepper, and something else I used to use but I forgot. I think mustard and cayenne would work. Then fill the egg with the mixture. Plug either hole with a little flour then put the egg back in. It will deter them from eating it again.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello Garry and welcome! Your English is perfect:)
I'd love to see pictures of your birds:)

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
hola Garry, Welcome to the forum. Love to see some pictures of your zons. Are you sure you have a pair? male/female? Where are they laying eggs? Are they eating eggs or just breaking them because of thin shells? Is there too much activity around their nest area. Are they outside where predators (rats/mice,cats.others) might bother them? Diet could also be an issue, what's their diet like? You should start a thread in the amazon section of the forum. Give us all the "history" you can about the birds and surroundings.

OP
G

GarryRicketson

Feb 1, 2014
Well thank you all for the welcome, and ideas, I will
You should start a thread in the amazon section of the forum
, also I noticed a discussion on this in another thread, don't remember which one though.

Most Reactions

Latest posts