Just rescued a beautiful eclectus!

Cherlynrene

Oct 1, 2016
Nazareth Pa
Parrots
Mellie, Eclectus
Hey all,
Just wanted to introduce myself as a new member, I have worked with birds for many years in my career, but as of yesterday just took on my first one at home!

She was confiscated from an awful animal cruelty case and with no where to go. It's only the second day but she's already singing and seeming to be adjusting pretty well.

As soon as I get some pictures I will share!

I look forward to being part of this forum!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to the forums, nice to have you as a member! Thanks for rescuing an Eclectus, it is the most noble gesture possible.

Having worked with birds is a wonderful advantage; are you familiar with her specific dietary needs? This is a link to our Eclectus Forum, you'll find plenty of specialized information, particularly within the "sticky" threads at top: Eclectus - Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community

Yorkiemum

Sep 30, 2016
So Cali
Parrots
Male Eclectus , 7 mo old.
Nicholas .
Recently lost Pepper a 9 year old sparrow .
Then our multiple Jay's and sparrows outside,as well as 5 crows who come daily for goodies.
Poppy, 17 y/o yorkie.
Congrats! Or should i say that to your new baby. Take it slow and enjoy. I found that eclectus like toddler toys. Because they dont chew like the larger birds do, they make great toys and stimulate thier curiosity. I get some of the stroller hook on toys that are just the right size and hook easily to most things.
One item nicolas likes is a cloth book which is crinkly and has vivid pictures.
He will sit and look at it as i show him each animal and demonstrate what they sound like.
Basically, its like reading to a child!
Then I found a rattle that lights up with minimal effort. I tied it to a short ribbon and the smallest touch lights it up.
He also loves the toys that play music and light up which are basically for bedtime.
There is a very affordable toy ( looks like a bee) but it also a stroller hanging toy that has wings which lite up, another button plays music and another is white noise.
Ill have to get some photos.

Nicolas is just a tad spoiled!

Most Reactions

Latest posts