Just rescued another abandoned kitten....

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
It breaks my heart when someone would abandon such a sweet baby outside. He almost got ran over by two cars. He's super friendly and sweet. I clipped his nails before his flea bath and blow dry. Then I cleaned out his ears. The water was filthy so who knows how long he's been outside. He started gobbling down his kitten chow like no tomorrow. He have to stay in the bathroom for now until he goes to the vet for shots, deworm, neuter, and checkup. Then we need to find him a new home. He's such a sweet kitten!!! It breaks my heart watching him eat....

20130904_221137_zpsa14dde15.jpg

20130904_221303_zps430024af.jpg

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Nawwwww what a sweet little thing! :rolleyes:
I have no idea how people can abandon animals like that!

I have one cat, have had her since 2005, where she and her sister were put in a cardboard box, and chucked on the side of the road! :eek: They were only about 4 weeks old!

She had a broken tail, and little sores all over her! and to this day i have never met such an affectionate cat! Sometimes too affectionate though, she drools all over you when she purrs :09:

Thank you for looking after him !

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Terrible that people would abandon their pets :( Is it possible she was a Ferrel kitten that got lost from mom?

I'm so happy you found that adorable fluff ball, thankyou so much for saving her :heart:

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
So sad when people abandon their pets.
Such a beautiful looking kitty
I pray a lovely home is awaiting kitty
Thanks for looking after kitty Michael, bless you lovely soul

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
Sugar the Blue Crown Conure♂, Merlin the Camelot Macaw♂
awww hes adorable thank you for saving him! I dont understand how people can just abandon animals!!

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
He's too sweet to be a ferrel kitten. He wants in my arms, he sleeps in my arms, total angel!

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
One Christmas Day (sixteen years ago, to be exact), we noticed the sound of a puppy whining. Thinking the next-door neighbours had left their new Maltese puppy alone for the day, we thought Bad Thoughts about them until evening when the crying reached a really anxious high pitch! Someone walking past our back gate knocked and told my son 'There's a tiny white puppy stuck down between your fence and next-door's shed. Can you get it out?'

The tiny white puppy was Miss Alice, our gorgeous Bull Terrier. She had been dumped and left alone there during all the heat of a hot summer day. Not only that, but her eyes weren't even open yet! We always say, that was the best Christmas present we ever had: Alice has been the perfect dog!

Unfortunately, where we live, there's a brisk trade in fighting dogs. Anyone who owns a Bully or a Staffy, or especially a Pit Bull with reproductive organs intact needs to be watchful! In addition, anyone who owns a fluffy little lap dog needs to be extra vigilant as well. It's a hateful thing and I wish it would go away. I never will understand the mentality of people who need to kill animals for pleasure.

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
He's got a sibling running out somewhere, the other one ran off somewhere. With my other two cats we rescued years ago, I am just not able to take in another. For one thing I am out of room for anymore animals in the house. I just hope this sweet angel finds a good home. He loves to be held, petted, purrs constantly, and lays his head in my arms and fall asleep. I'm still removing dead fleas off of him as I see them. Wonders what dawn dish soap can do....

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
Bless you Mikey!! Kitty has a chance at a wonderful life now. If only there were more people in the world like you willing to help these poor creatures and less cruel monsters that abandon them in the first place! :(

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Margret-Mealy Amazon 28 (family parrot), Petri- Peach Front Conure 4, Chloe- Congo African Grey 24 and Rio- Blue Crown Conure 4 !! :D
Mikey.....................

just add him to your flock......I know you want to.........lol

CUUUUUUUUTE!!!

very kind of you to take him in, thank you for being an awesome animal lover!!

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
My partner named him Jaxon and kept reminding me his name. I ask you want to keep him don't you, big yes was the answer. Oh dear, he's part of the family now. Modifying my upstairs to fit the kitty's needs so I need to put doors up for my kitchen and move all my plants so they won't eat them. He goes in tomorrow for his leukemia test and shots plus deworm. Next week he gets neutered.

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
He made me cry last night watching him eat....I picked off all the dead fleas I can find on him....it just breaks my heart....

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Oh Im so happy you saved it! Poor kitty! Im glad someone did something! People need to help kitty's more often! I bet he/she is so happy and comfy in your home with a nice bed and a warm house to be in! Reminds me of my kitty Sparta, we saved him on a stormy rainy night. Someone left him on the side of the road as a kitten! He jumped right into the car when we polled over he was half starved with fleas and worms and he was only 8months! Thank you for helping it! It is so cute!

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Someone probably had kittens and couldn't find homes for them so they turned them loose. People should really spay and neuter their cats as soon as they're ready to be done!

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Exactly cat owners do need to spay and nurture its safer for the cat and they don't populate! There are so many cats out their who need homes and the world doesn't need more kittens! I wish I could do more in adopting but I already have 5 cats and that's good for us! Innocent cats out their are being put down because animal shelters don't have room for that many cats! It's really a shame if I could and I was super girl I would adopt all the kitty's out there but no thats not possible at all in so many ways!

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
We're really soft hearted people, that's why we ask people not to bring them over and why we don't go out rescuing them. But when one follows you and beg you to love him, I couldn't turn him away. He's been imprinted already to know humans feeds them and he's starving. He wasn't taught by his parents how to forage for food. And I already knew cats are the hardest ones to find homes for. There's hundreds of cat ads out there....so when I offer my arms, I pretty much knew he would be here. I wish I had won the lottery or something cause I would do more for the poor animals with no home....

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Ya haha when I read about your partner pleading to keep him I said to myself self I have a feeling they just got a new baby and sure enugh! Haha have fun with him! :)

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Thanks! This one is gonna be the clown in the family. :)

Most Reactions