Kalani, the green wing

Apr 3, 2013
MD, USA
Hey guys,
Since I've been sharing volunteer photos and photos of the new goffin addition, I thought it's only fair to show Kalani some love. He's been doing well!
He says:
"Hi!"
"Hello"
"Step up"
"Good bird!"
"You wanna step up?"
"What are you doin'?"

Up to no good:
ngac08.jpg

Dinobird shirt:
2q1tkzc.jpg

Messy beaks:
doxeso.jpg

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Kalani is a big boy! Very healthy looking bird:)

Re: the top photo: when is a parrot ever NOT up to no good:p?

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
I was wondering if kalani was gonna get some love and attention here :p what a gorgeous beauty! How old is he?

OP
psychocircus91
Apr 3, 2013
MD, USA
Kalani is a big boy! Very healthy looking bird:)

Re: the top photo: when is a parrot ever NOT up to no good:p?

I was wondering if kalani was gonna get some love and attention here :p what a gorgeous beauty! How old is he?

He is naughty, but I love it!

Kalani is young; just approaching two years old. When I was shopping for my house, it was revolved around having a macaw. A sufficient bird room for the aviary, as well as an open living room area to allow some flight. He's been with me going on a year and a half.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Kalani looks great ! Why not start a thread for each of your fids, like Salty's , where you can put pics , videos, and stories about each of them. It might remind you to show love for each of your babies. House hunting with your parrot in mind - now thats really a parront !

OP
psychocircus91
Apr 3, 2013
MD, USA
Kalani looks great ! Why not start a thread for each of your fids, like Salty's , where you can put pics , videos, and stories about each of them. It might remind you to show love for each of your babies. House hunting with your parrot in mind - now thats really a parront !

I might just have to do that this weekend! Thanks for the kind words.

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Kalani is looking great! I remember seeing your posts in anticipation of getting him, glad he is doing so well with you and I just love that he gets a huge aviary to really stretch out in. My future house is also going to have to accommodate a macaw or two, as its my dream bird and will be the next jump I make.

Luckily my husband knows how much I love birds and has already okayed it, we just need the space first. He's even okay with me getting a Hyacinth but the trade off is he gets to make all our car buying decisions...he's a big car guy. Sounds like a perfect compromise to me!! :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
So good to see pictures of Kalani! I think a thread dedicated to him is a great idea:)

OP
psychocircus91
Apr 3, 2013
MD, USA
Kalani is looking great! I remember seeing your posts in anticipation of getting him, glad he is doing so well with you and I just love that he gets a huge aviary to really stretch out in. My future house is also going to have to accommodate a macaw or two, as its my dream bird and will be the next jump I make.

Luckily my husband knows how much I love birds and has already okayed it, we just need the space first. He's even okay with me getting a Hyacinth but the trade off is he gets to make all our car buying decisions...he's a big car guy. Sounds like a perfect compromise to me!! :)

Ah Kalani is amazingly beautiful...I have dreamt of having a greenwing!

So good to see pictures of Kalani! I think a thread dedicated to him is a great idea:)

Thanks all. He is unlike any bird I've had before. With a big bird like this, sometimes you get big push-back during training. He is less baby-like than he once was and likes to test his limits. We are still working on boundaries every day, but overall he has been a joy. I have plenty of time, but of course our relationship will evolve once he starts to mature.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Kalani is a beauty and certainly deserving of a unique thread!

Greenwings are my favorite macaw, enjoy the journey. You are more than up for the task!

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
Very true Scott Kalani is a wonderful greenwing (and I think the first I've consciously seen)

if I have seen a greenwing I thought it was a scarlet not knowing Greenwings existed!

OP
psychocircus91
Apr 3, 2013
MD, USA
Kalani is a beauty and certainly deserving of a unique thread!

Greenwings are my favorite macaw, enjoy the journey. You are more than up for the task!

Thanks for the kind words, as always Scott!

Very true Scott Kalani is a wonderful greenwing (and I think the first I've consciously seen)

if I have seen a greenwing I thought it was a scarlet not knowing Greenwings existed!

You know, it's funny because before I knew much about macaws, they looked extremely similar to me. And I'm sure they look identical to most non-parrot people. But after being around them so much, they are like day and night. The size, the facial feathers, the wing color, their demeanor, and even their voices. :red::red1:

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
well to us non-educated folk as I was merely 10 months ago you see a red macaw you think Scarlet! I just thought that greenwings were Scarlets with some different colouring on them with no actual difference in the bird

Now learning a bit of the genetic side of birds it's amazing seeing just how many there are! My amazon count went up by 5 when I learnt haha!

Most Reactions

Latest posts