Kevin is doing well

KobeJaxon

Sep 11, 2020
Dubai
Parrots
Red factor Pineapple conure
Hey guys not sure if any of you remember me from a couple weeks back when i got a baby Red factor/pineapple Conure and was asking advice on how to handfeed..

well everything's gone really well so far and he is starting to refuse formula and is packing away at his pellets most of the day now and enjoying the water bowl haha

thought id upload some pics for everyone to see how beautiful he is growing.

his weight has dropped by 2g in the last 3 days which i think is due to him starting to fly? hes also alot more active.. he went down from 70g to 68g.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
He’s beautiful! I don’t know about the weight drop so hopefully someone who has more knowledge will come along soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
If you are obtaining the weight at the same time each day (first thing in the morning prior to drinking and eating) variation in weight can be a concern. If your weight is not at the same that will effect weight numbers. Commonly, flight adds weight as muscle are heavier by volume.

Remember to build in the Veggie side of the diet, commonly referred to as Wet side.

Keep offering formula.

OP
KobeJaxon

KobeJaxon

Sep 11, 2020
Dubai
Parrots
Red factor Pineapple conure
If you are obtaining the weight at the same time each day (first thing in the morning prior to drinking and eating) variation in weight can be a concern. If your weight is not at the same that will effect weight numbers. Commonly, flight adds weight as muscle are heavier by volume.

Remember to build in the Veggie side of the diet, commonly referred to as Wet side.

Keep offering formula.

i have been weighing him every morning before feed. he is now sat at around 68g so in the past 4 days he has dropped by 2g.. but i really do think this is is because is is in the ween phase? he has started refusing formula now he has literally 1 mouthful then goes to his pellet bowl. I've introduced him to veggies and fruits today which he seems to love and he seems to be eating all day.. his crop is not as full as when he was on formula though but doesn't seems hungry..

if his weight drops any lower than 68 i will take him to the vet straight away but i think it will go back up this week now he is chomping away at his pellets and fruit/veg all day.

as you know 80% of the pellets and fruit/veg are ending up on the floor but he is eating quite alot lol

Most Reactions

Latest posts