Kiki Doesn't Enjoy Misting As She Used To?

Snabb133

Dec 10, 2014
Sweden
Parrots
{Kiki, Blue Front Amazon}

{Taco, Barraband Parrot}

{Emil A.K.A Rocky, Red Lored Amazon}
I've had kiki for over three months now and ever since I got her she loved to get spray misted in mild water temps one day or another. She stretched her wings trying to absorb all the water and fluffed all her feathers up and made some funny sounds.

But all of a sudden 2 months later she just sits there and takes it. She doesn't enjoy it as she used to and just shakes her head when misted. This is kinda awkward. Maybe it's because it's winter and -7 C outside? I have a steady and warm temp inside the house though.

Any ideas why she is not enjoying it? :)

Last edited:
OP
Snabb133

Snabb133

Dec 10, 2014
Sweden
Parrots

{Taco, Barraband Parrot}

No biggey just let it go. When summers back, or the temps up, try again....

Yeah I guess so. It might just be me overreacting a bit, I don't know. :)

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Just not in the mood right now. Give it a week or so...

Zons are generally waterbirds.

OP
Snabb133

Snabb133

Dec 10, 2014
Sweden
Parrots

{Taco, Barraband Parrot}

Just not in the mood right now. Give it a week or so...

Zons are generally waterbirds.

Thanks for the answer, I'll see if she enjoys it tomorrow. I havent showered her for a week now so I think or hope she will enjoy it now. :)

ImmunoGoblin

Mar 5, 2014
outside Cincinnati, OH
Parrots
Tater Tot - DYH Amazon
Kiwi - Orange-winged Amazon
Biscuit - Young-ish cockatiel
We put ours in the shower with us about once a week. Usually when they've gone just long enough to start to want a shower a little bit, they seem to enjoy it way more.

OP
Snabb133

Snabb133

Dec 10, 2014
Sweden
Parrots

{Taco, Barraband Parrot}

We put ours in the shower with us about once a week. Usually when they've gone just long enough to start to want a shower a little bit, they seem to enjoy it way more.

I do that too, I put her and kiwi with me in the shower sometimes, they seem to enjoy the moisture that builds up. I tried bathing Kiki today and she really really enjoyed it.

So from now on, I'll not mist her every day but maybe every third or fourth day. She seems the enjoy it more that way. :32: :32:

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)

That's pretty much what I do too, these days.

Unless they are going through a hard molt. Then I bathe them several times a day. It really does seem to help.

Most Reactions

Latest posts