Kiwi and his Jolly Ball

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Well, he hasn't actually gone IN the JB that I've seen (he tends to poop in it though:20:), but that doesn't mean he hasn't been loving it. Some of his adorableness:

DSC_9071_zpstme7q3e3.jpg

DSC_9075_zpsrmtofkrr.jpg

He chewed off all the beads I originally hung on there and I have replaced them 3X now:52: so this time I hung a few of his favorite rattles

DSC_9077_zpsmvquhirh.jpg

It has also proved useful to hide behind while relaxing and taking a little siesta behind daddy as he works:p He has learned to position himself to peek through the holes to check out where mommy is (and if she is looking like she wants to give him a cuddle:54:). He will watch me through it, it's hilarious:rolleyes:

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Ah that's lovely, thanks for sharing.

Got to see him if he actually get to sit in it, please. lol

GreatBlue320

May 5, 2015
Parrots
Baxter - Illiger's Macaw (hatch date 5.1.15);

Taylor - Black capped Conure (RIP 3.14.15 - miss you every day little "Girlie")
Adorable is right! He seems to be loving his jolly ball and is finding several different uses for it (a private place to go potty, a place to hide while spying on mommy, a place to stand while destroying his beads)!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I was wondering if he has been inside it yet :). I see yours has an opening at the top... perfect potty! At least Kiwi can see that lol. I wonder how many birds actually go inside as it was intended for? Mine is closed at the top. Griffin will sit on it sometimes but that's all.

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Adorable is right! He seems to be loving his jolly ball and is finding several different uses for it (a private place to go potty, a place to hide while spying on mommy, a place to stand while destroying his beads)!

I'm just glad he's using it, even if he isn't going in it (which would be super cute). He actually spends a lot of time on top playing. He really seems to like some of his favorite rattles being up there:)

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
I was wondering if he has been inside it yet :). I see yours has an opening at the top... perfect potty! At least Kiwi can see that lol. I wonder how many birds actually go inside as it was intended for? Mine is closed at the top. Griffin will sit on it sometimes but that's all.

Ya, he's using it as a toilet inside, but I guess that's better than him getting nesty inside (which I was slightly concerned about). I wonder too about how many go in it, and if females would be more likely to than a male (nesting thing)? He seems to love sitting on top of it. He's discovered if he moves around hard enough, it swings around wildly and he can hang off the side precariously, which he seems to find great fun (he's pretty bold for a flightless bird about some of that stuff:eek:).

Did you know if you flip yours upside down and drill around the hole to hang, you can have a hole on top too? Maybe your birds would like that better since they'd have something to hold onto:) Where I got mine from (blues bird toys) has both options (hole on top or hole on bottom) so people with nesty birds can have an open bottom they can't build a nest in or a closed bottom they can go in (or go potty in:09:).

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I like the way my mine is now, just with 3 holes on the sides. I wish Griffin would go inside. If he does, I'd like to put a little pillow or at least a towel in there for him to sit on. I think he'd really love it since he loves sitting in his seagrass hammock. He's usually not afraid of anything (which is why he's always getting into trouble), but he's still scared of going into the ball. I like that there is a hook with toys hanging inside from the top also.

Most Reactions