Kiwi Discovers Her New Happy Hut

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
And, the long made error is lumping all Parrot Species into one 'group' is that individual species can and do have different to very different reactions to the chemical flow of hormones.

What one expects and understand as normal in say an Amazon compared to a Cockatoo commonly results in serious problems when one uses Amazon logic to define Cockatoo behavior. Not saying that they are biologically that different, but with more than several 1000's of years of separation and adjustment to changing environmental stresses. What is an assured driver in one species is not an assured driver in another.

Sighting studies that lump all species into a single group is problematic as it /they fail to take the effects of 180 degrees of 'World' separation into effect, including the differences in climate, etc, etc, etc...

With near five decades of living with and loving Amazons. I have come to know much about this family of Parrots. That said, I continue to learn even more each day from fellow Parrot Forum Members. At my advance age, I have only continued to find great support for the art of 'hearing' others and not be locked by some (many) half-baked studies conducted by PHD students and/or those who are self-proclaimed experts by way creating a study or writing a book, Example: Pxxxxt Wizard, etc...

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
agreed- I will say though, that it isn't as simple as some may believe. I totally agree that cockatoos (especially certain varieties) are weird in this respect, but there have been studies etc that show that triggers do make a difference (not just in cockatoos). I will leave it alone now--again, no offense intended to Birdman or anyone else- while I do strongly disagree, I also know that you are entitled to your opinions etc and I feel bad for posting on your post.

Last edited:

Shine

Nov 3, 2016
Northern Nevada
Parrots
Fidget - BFA, Addy - Red Lored
Mark, where did you get that happy hut? I haven't seen one like that and am thinking my BFA might enjoy that.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Most Reactions