Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
Well, my husband got a gig about 5 hours away from us for a few days. He wanted me to come with, but we were worried about what to do with Kyo. My mom offered to look after her so for the first time since we got her we have been away from her. I was so worried about her giving my mom and dad a hard time.

Nothing could be farther from the truth lol. Apparently my girl is having the time of her life, being out all day, all the treats she could want, and my mom is in love. She's been good about going in at the end of the day, and no biting! I'm so happy that things are going well.

I wouldn't be surprised if my mom ends up adopting a conure after having her. She keeps threatening to not give her back (jokingly of course). She's been sending lots of pictures and we even facetimed last night. Kyo actually seemed really excited to hear my voice, it was so cute :)

That said, I miss my baby! I can't wait to get home to her and have her on my shoulder chewing on my ear.

Piasa

Jan 12, 2016
USA Nomad
Parrots
Beau 20 year old male Green Cheek || Jimmy Bullet 17 year old female white cap pionus parrot
Aww, Charming little Kyoto!

It's so hard to leave them, but so good to know there is a safe and happy place for them to be.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Awww, Sarah! I know you miss Kyo so much and I'm sure she misses you! So glad you got to go with your husband. Sounds like your mom and Kyo are having a great time, lol!

When your mother adopts her own GCC, please remind her to join us and share the story!

Skittys_Daddy

Jan 6, 2014
Lewiston, Maine
Parrots
Neotropical Pigeon - "Skittles" (born 3/29/10)
Cockatiel - "Peaches" (1995-2015) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sammy"
(1989-2000) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sandy"
(1987-1989) R.I.P.
That is so awesome! It's always very stressful leaving a fid with someone, even a family member cause not only do we worry about them, but we miss them too! I'm sure it must be such a relief to hear how well she is doing.

Now, Kyo has a vacay place to go! I'm sure that's a relief.

Aside from sleeping time, I've never been away from Skittles for more than four hours. God help me if I ever have to go away. lol

OP
Kyoto

Kyoto

Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
12900970_10153558590833004_3499278805607138523_o.jpg

Everything went well! Mom loved having her, and Kyo had lots of fun. But she was very happy to have me back.

Most Reactions