Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to present....

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Thanks for asking - Her Royal Haughtiness aka La Couronne Princesse Lilly Pilly is fighting fit and wishes all her loyal subjects a very Happy Bastille Day!

And by fighting fit I mean she is back to her previous bad behaviour of trying to burrow and nest in every nook and cranny and getting quite bitey and cranky when I don't let her!

HRH has authorised the below portrait to be released in commemoration, although I haven't had the heart to tell her what happened to the French aristos on the original Bastille Day.... "Let them eat cake!"

lamanuka-albums-mars-birds-picture21556-img-0211a.jpg

Last edited:

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
SI Eclectus Female, Ellie; RS/SI Eclectus Male, Bertie (both adopted as rescue/re-home)
Thanks for asking - Her Royal Haughtiness aka La Couronne Princesse Lilly Pilly is fighting fit and wishes all her loyal subjects a very Happy Bastille Day!

And by fighting fit I mean she is back to her previous bad behaviour of trying to burrow and nest in every nook and cranny and getting quite bitey and cranky when I don't let her!

HRH has authorised the below portrait to be released in commemoration, although I haven't had the heart to tell her what happened to the French aristos on the original Bastille Day.... "Let them eat cake!"

LOL...you crack me up...and I see that HRH is her usual gorgeous naughty self - fighting fit indeed :D.

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Today I found my old drawings which draw when was a child in primary school. I had a laugh when noticed purple crowned lorikeets [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I was thinking why two of them don't have the purple crown but read a discription that they are young ones. There were three PCL's (I love these three letters too!) But this one reminds me the most Lilly because of the flowers[emoji28]
ed6ad94619abed59bcab9a0ddbfcb882.jpg

Wysłane z mojego Redmi 5 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Last edited:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house

HRH PCL is such a stunning beauty, before you I never knew they existed!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Today I found my old drawings which draw when was a child in primary school. I had a laugh when noticed purple crowned lorikeets [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I was thinking why two of them don't have the purple crown but read a discription that they are young ones. There were three PCL's (I love these three letters too!) But this one reminds me the most Lilly because of the flowers[emoji28]
ed6ad94619abed59bcab9a0ddbfcb882.jpg

Wysłane z mojego Redmi 5 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Thank you Rozalka that’s a perfect illustration of how Lilly looks when she’s enjoying her eucalyptus flowers. In fact HRH is so impressed that wishes to appoint you as her Official Portrait Painter for your efforts. I can see it now, Rozalka By Appointment to HRH Crown Princess’ Royal Court!

You will all be happy to hear that no more eggs have emerged from Her Highness’s Royal Rear End (phew!) And of course everyone knows PCL stands for Purple Crowned LUNATIC!

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
So good to hear this! Lilly listened our requests about not laying more eggs! ;)

Thank you Rozalka that’s a perfect illustration of how Lilly looks when she’s enjoying her eucalyptus flowers. In fact HRH is so impressed that wishes to appoint you as her Official Portrait Painter for your efforts. I can see it now, Rozalka By Appointment to HRH Crown Princess’ Royal Court!
Haha, well it had been painted before Lilly hatched but don't say it her;) I don't deserve for any titles;)
Ps I didn't know there are eucalyptus flowers;):D

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
See, you know all about Aussie botany as well as Aussie birdies! They are most definitely eucalyptus corymbia ficofolia flowers in your picture, otherwise known as the flowering eucalypt and they are Lilly's favourites! I'm waiting for a white version to come into flower in a few weeks, she loves those too and they flower for a few months so she will have a steady supply :)

Here is a short vid of her on EXACTLY your flowers that you drew Rozalka!

PS the kiddies you can hear in the background are from our local primary school across the road!

Last edited:

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
SI Eclectus Female, Ellie; RS/SI Eclectus Male, Bertie (both adopted as rescue/re-home)
Challenge...whoever can say 'frolicking in the ficofolia flowers' quickly, and clearly, 5 times in a row becomes HRH La Couronne Princesse Lilly Pilly's Royal Auntie or Uncle :D.

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Challenge...whoever can say 'frolicking in the ficofolia flowers' quickly, and clearly, 5 times in a row becomes HRH La Couronne Princesse Lilly Pilly's Royal Auntie or Uncle :D.

...and as an extra bonus, for today only, if you can say “frolicking freely in the forest of fresh ficofolia flowers” I will package Lilly up and ship her to your house until she gets over this current manic broody nesty phase she’s going through!

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots

...and as an extra bonus, for today only, if you can say “frolicking freely in the forest of fresh ficofolia flowers” I will package Lilly up and ship her to your house until she gets over this current manic broody nesty phase she’s going through!
frolicking in the ficofolia flowers frolicking in the ficofolia flowers frolicking in the ficofolia flowers frolicking in the ficofolia flowers frolicking in the ficofolia flowers
and...frolicking freely in the forest of fresh ficofolia flowers:D
...but how you will know somebody can say it? I can imagine how you all would have a laugh if you heard my English trying to say this:p

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
CONGRATULATIONS AUNTY ROZALKA YOU HAVE WON FIRST PRIZE!!!!!

This adorable but biting screaming and totally demented hormone-ridden bundle of fuzz should arrive on your doorstep by special courier delivery early next week! Enjoy!!!! (and Fang, Val and I will all enjoy a well-earned break, she has been driving us crazy lately!)

lamanuka-albums-mars-birds-picture21572-lilly2poland.jpg

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Haha!!! I know who was in this travel box first, before Lilly - the Rickeybird:D

I think Zenek will be happy to meet his adopted cousin;) With lots of so calm Bourkes maybe they will give a good example for Lilly?;)

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

This adorable but biting screaming and totally demented hormone-ridden bundle of fuzz should arrive on your doorstep by special courier delivery early next week! Enjoy!!!! (and Fang, Val and I will all enjoy a well-earned break, she has been driving us crazy lately!)

Haha!!! I know who was in this travel box first, before Lilly - the Rickeybird:D

I think Zenek will be happy to meet his adopted cousin;) With lots of so calm Bourkes maybe they will give a good example for Lilly?;)

LMAO!! I'll bet Rival chartered a FedEx jet to ensure the Rickeybird arrived Patagonia without any hesitation or delay! :D

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots

Phew, I'm so glad you won Rozalka. I thought that I was going to end up with two hormone riddled demented HRH's: Princess Lilly and Queen Ellie:D

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
It's Monday, Zenek and Lilly have a good time in... our clothes:D;)
I think I have to return Princess Lilly to Brisbane before she will have more crazy idea;)

22782d1563803878-ladies-gentlemen-allow-me-present-zenek-i-lilly.jpg

Last edited:
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Lilly Pilly's morning so far has consisted of her Fruit Compote Royale as prepared by her doting dadda, having her head scratched, and chasing Val and Fang out of her cage when they hop in the moment her back is turned to eat her food. All fairly typical!

Exhibit A - Lilly suspects something is up...

NVaz1CD.jpg

lamanuka-albums-mars-birds-picture21730-img-2693a.jpeg

Exhibit B - Lilly zeroes in on her target and fuzzes up in preparation to attack!

9DCi1D2.jpg

lamanuka-albums-mars-birds-picture21729-img-0288-2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Aaaaand wouldn’t you just know it, HRH offloaded another egg on Sunday night! I’ve ordered her some dummy eggs and a little nest to pop them in so hopefully she can work off some maternal yearnings on those!

Most Reactions

Latest posts