Late bloomer!

ZephyrFly

Sep 21, 2014
UK
Parrots
Pazu - Green Cheek Conure - Hatch Date ~27 September 2014~
Hi guys! Some might have seen me posting and thing here but had yet to get a bird. No more! As of today I (and my boyfriend) have gotten a green cheek conure, 12 weeks old, I did have a hatch date and certificate but I managed to leave that at the breeders place. Waiting on an reply for the specific date but I've been seeing his progress.
He is a barrel of laughs so far and wants nothing but to be on someone, nibbling their ear or hiding in their hair.
Though he hasn't gotten used to being put away yet. He settled down once we left the room and he realised being noisy didn't help but we want him used to being away when we eat. But that'll taken a little time.
I've put photos on my album. And I'll post some on here if I take more later.
Hi guys, I'm still kinda new to the forums and owning a bird but we're liking it so far!
Be nice to us :)

OP
ZephyrFly

ZephyrFly

Sep 21, 2014
UK
Parrots
What a cutie. You sound very excited. I am so happy for you. What is his name ?

He is Pazu, I say he but he's not sexed. We don't see the need as he won't be bred.
Excited is one word, happy, chuffed, relaxed finally!

OP
ZephyrFly

ZephyrFly

Sep 21, 2014
UK
Parrots
I do want to ask though, he's sleeping on my should and kinda chirping very rhythmically. Though its like a cross between chirping and he's chewing something. This sound like normal sleep mumbling?

Amanda_Bennett

Sep 27, 2014
Gresham, OR
Parrots
Zilla 29 Y.O. Orange Wing Amazon
The "chewing" sound is probably him "grinding" his beak which is a contented/happy sound. Not sure about the "chirping" or mumbling.

OP
ZephyrFly

ZephyrFly

Sep 21, 2014
UK
Parrots
Thanks Amanda! I thought it was, just wanted to check. He seems very sleepy, had a nearly hour long drive here, was out playing with us before i left the breeders and he was charging about the cage when we first put him away to eat.

Most Reactions