FeatheredMom

Apr 16, 2018
Algeria, Oran city.
Parrots
Tiel : A male cockatiel.
Cocka : A female cockatiel.
They're both 1 year old.
Hello everyone!
I have recently discovered this amazing community and I can't be more grateful. People are nice here and they're ready to give you some of their time just to talk about pets!
Thank you all for being super nice ❤

So how about we talk about our cockatiels?
Everyone talk about your babies and tell me about the cute stuff they do and what makes you love them.

Almost 3 weeks ago I got a pair of cockatiels (male: Tiel / female: Cocka). They are not tamed yet but I am working on that ❤
Good luck for everyone who's trying to train his birds too! :grey::yellow1::white1:

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Oooh pick me!!

I have a whiteface male who I adore dearly. I've had him for about 2 1/2 years but he is (I believe) born in 2011 so he is around 7. I named him 'Boo' because he's grey and white and likes to fly around the room an abruptly land on your shoulder, hence BOO! lol. Sadly he recently lost his mate, a beautiful cinnamon pearl female named Peach.

They had a clutch of babies with me and it was such a fun experience, something I would love to do again. Boo is a great daddy and so now I am starting the search to find him another companion. I am also planning on a new big cage for them. All I have to do is convince my husband... :)

Boo is tame and will step up and really seems to enjoy flying. I have a whole zoo of animals so when he comes out of the cage I go through a process -- lock the cats in their room, draw all curtains closed and put a sheet up to separate the living room from kitchen. He loves spray bottle baths, dancing in his mirror and making the wolf whistle at himself.

Last edited:

ParrotLover2001

Dec 20, 2016
In my parents house
Parrots
A cockatiel, a bourke, and three budgies
I've got a Male named Elvis and a female named Skittles. Elvis is a 2 year old whiteface split pied, Skittles is a latino pearl age unknown.

I've had Elvis since February 14th 2016, he's hand raised and very loving. Elvis loves head scratches, and bananas. He gets really upset when you play music he doesn't like, he only likes 5 songs at the moment. He loves meeting new birds, he as always welcomed new flock members. He loves going outside and often searches for his harness during the winter. Elvis rarely flies, he prefers to walk. He also doesn't fight, which is probably why the others pick on him. He hatched September 22nd 2015.

I adopted Skittles in November 2017, I wasn't looking for a new bird, but she picked me, now she loves to sit on shoulders but you can only go near her when she wants you to. She loves Elvis and gets really upset when she can't see him. Skittles protects Elvis from the other flock members, Jordan and Opal. They are no longer allowed out of cages at the same time.

Skittles and Elvis are great birds, I love all my birds for who they are.

Also long story short, Jordan (lovebird) is feared by everyone in the house, when her cage is open just make sure you aren't in the room, and Opal (budgie) is friends with Jordan so just stay away from her and you won't lose any toes/fingers.

I had to add my others, not gonna leave them out.

Sent from my Galaxy s8

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
BB is my first ever 'teil. I never thought about being owned by one until I started read and seeing pictures of them on this wonderful forum.

BB (a.k.a. The Beebs..Beebers..Fluffboy) came from a well known/established breeder here in CT. He was one of a clutch of four,and at 4.5 months old,the breeder said they were ready to go to forever homes :D He is a normal gray teil and was still wearing his baby cloths so it was difficult to know if he was indeed a he or a she.

He was on a wooden platform with high sides with his three siblings. HE was the only one who paid attention to me..the others would either scamper off and play with their bro's or just run from me.

I just lowered my hand down to him,he looked at it then me,cautiously stepped on to it,then proceeded to climb my arm and sit on my shoulder and "peep and chirp" in my ear! He sat on my finger and asked for skritches. Obvious to me,that the breeder took care of his charges well and socialized them. I was told they were experiencing eating veggies..eating zupreem fruity pellets and a "special house blend" of cockatiel seeds.

BB came home with me that day. :04:

As I was setting up his house he was still in his take-me-home box and Amy was in her house,hanging upside down from the rafters intently watching what I was doing,because BB's new house had been empty for months,after I had to rehome Jonesy the goffin 'too :02:

When I opened the box and scooped BB out of it,Amy says VERY CLEARLY..."WHAT IS THAT???" :eek:

I didn't even put BB in his new house. He sat on my shoulder while I did stuff on the computer and talked to him and skritched his noggin. It took him maybe 5 days to get the wolfie whistle down to a science..maybe a week to learn parts of the andy Griffith and Addams family themes..He was starting to talk ( little boy...little boy..and BB Good Boy!!) in less than two months..he has also added Hello and Beebers to his vocab. I had a good idea he was in fact a male...then when he was loosing his baby cloths and getting his grown up duds it was apparent...with all the yellow showing up on his face.

Next month it'll be two years that he has been here and I'm wondering what took me so long on bringing a sweet,lovable,friendly,funny,goofy,loving 86g's of fluff and song home.

Jim

OP
FeatheredMom

FeatheredMom

Apr 16, 2018
Algeria, Oran city.
Parrots
They're both 1 year old.
Oooh pick me!!

I have a whiteface male who I adore dearly. I've had him for about 2 1/2 years but he is (I believe) born in 2011 so he is around 7. I named him 'Boo' because he's grey and white and likes to fly around the room an abruptly land on your shoulder, hence BOO! lol. Sadly he recently lost his mate, a beautiful cinnamon pearl female named Peach.

They had a clutch of babies with me and it was such a fun experience, something I would love to do again. Boo is a great daddy and so now I am starting the search to find him another companion. I am also planning on a new big cage for them. All I have to do is convince my husband... :)

Boo is tame and will step up and really seems to enjoy flying. I have a whole zoo of animals so when he comes out of the cage I go through a process -- lock the cats in their room, draw all curtains closed and put a sheet up to separate the living room from kitchen. He loves spray bottle baths, dancing in his mirror and making the wolf whistle at himself.

That you for sharing this with me!
Boo seems adorable ❤ god keep him safe for you, and I really appreciate your love and care for him.
I am sorry for your loss tho, it's painful to lose such a feathered friend, especially for his companion.
I hope Boo doesn't feel lonely, and good luck finding him a new pretty girl ❤

WilliamKenyon

Aug 21, 2015
Media
Parrots
Mango: Male cockatiel, Ruby: Female eclectus
Nawww you birds are beautiful:yellow1: One of the cutest things mango does is when he wanders around with heartwings. It's the cutest thing because he often lands on the floor and opens his wings out and starts dancing, whistling a cockatielafied:yellow1: version the Adams family song :D. The little show off;). Another cute thing he does is when i am putting him in his carrier. He always puffs up his little body and turns his eye at me all while saying g'day over and over. It just cracks me up each time :D. I always find it cute when he is asleep and dreaming and i see his wings quivering like he is flying in the dream. Tiels can have the funniest little mannerisms :jumping40

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
BB does the heart shaped arm thing too..when he first comes out,he walks around aimlessly...while saying " come here come here" He'll get inches from my hand then turn away and run...still saying come here come here..turn and repeat for five or ten minutes..it's a game for him lol..eventually he'll step up and let me cuddle and kiss him...as he gives me kisses.

Jim

OP
FeatheredMom

FeatheredMom

Apr 16, 2018
Algeria, Oran city.
Parrots
They're both 1 year old.
Nawww you birds are beautiful:yellow1: One of the cutest things mango does is when he wanders around with heartwings. It's the cutest thing because he often lands on the floor and opens his wings out and starts dancing, whistling a cockatielafied:yellow1: version the Adams family song :D. The little show off;). Another cute thing he does is when i am putting him in his carrier. He always puffs up his little body and turns his eye at me all while saying g'day over and over. It just cracks me up each time :D. I always find it cute when he is asleep and dreaming and i see his wings quivering like he is flying in the dream. Tiels can have the funniest little mannerisms :jumping40

Oh my ❤_❤ , my heart can't take that much cuteness AAAAAAAA !!
Mango is adorable!!

OP
FeatheredMom

FeatheredMom

Apr 16, 2018
Algeria, Oran city.
Parrots
They're both 1 year old.
I've got a Male named Elvis and a female named Skittles. Elvis is a 2 year old whiteface split pied, Skittles is a latino pearl age unknown.

I've had Elvis since February 14th 2016, he's hand raised and very loving. Elvis loves head scratches, and bananas. He gets really upset when you play music he doesn't like, he only likes 5 songs at the moment. He loves meeting new birds, he as always welcomed new flock members. He loves going outside and often searches for his harness during the winter. Elvis rarely flies, he prefers to walk. He also doesn't fight, which is probably why the others pick on him. He hatched September 22nd 2015.

I adopted Skittles in November 2017, I wasn't looking for a new bird, but she picked me, now she loves to sit on shoulders but you can only go near her when she wants you to. She loves Elvis and gets really upset when she can't see him. Skittles protects Elvis from the other flock members, Jordan and Opal. They are no longer allowed out of cages at the same time.

Skittles and Elvis are great birds, I love all my birds for who they are.

Also long story short, Jordan (lovebird) is feared by everyone in the house, when her cage is open just make sure you aren't in the room, and Opal (budgie) is friends with Jordan so just stay away from her and you won't lose any toes/fingers.

I had to add my others, not gonna leave them out.

Sent from my Galaxy s8

You have such a happy birb family! So cute!!!
I hope these little guys stay with you forever ❤

OP
FeatheredMom

FeatheredMom

Apr 16, 2018
Algeria, Oran city.
Parrots
They're both 1 year old.
BB is my first ever 'teil. I never thought about being owned by one until I started read and seeing pictures of them on this wonderful forum.

BB (a.k.a. The Beebs..Beebers..Fluffboy) came from a well known/established breeder here in CT. He was one of a clutch of four,and at 4.5 months old,the breeder said they were ready to go to forever homes :D He is a normal gray teil and was still wearing his baby cloths so it was difficult to know if he was indeed a he or a she.

He was on a wooden platform with high sides with his three siblings. HE was the only one who paid attention to me..the others would either scamper off and play with their bro's or just run from me.

I just lowered my hand down to him,he looked at it then me,cautiously stepped on to it,then proceeded to climb my arm and sit on my shoulder and "peep and chirp" in my ear! He sat on my finger and asked for skritches. Obvious to me,that the breeder took care of his charges well and socialized them. I was told they were experiencing eating veggies..eating zupreem fruity pellets and a "special house blend" of cockatiel seeds.

BB came home with me that day. :04:

As I was setting up his house he was still in his take-me-home box and Amy was in her house,hanging upside down from the rafters intently watching what I was doing,because BB's new house had been empty for months,after I had to rehome Jonesy the goffin 'too :02:

When I opened the box and scooped BB out of it,Amy says VERY CLEARLY..."WHAT IS THAT???" :eek:

I didn't even put BB in his new house. He sat on my shoulder while I did stuff on the computer and talked to him and skritched his noggin. It took him maybe 5 days to get the wolfie whistle down to a science..maybe a week to learn parts of the andy Griffith and Addams family themes..He was starting to talk ( little boy...little boy..and BB Good Boy!!) in less than two months..he has also added Hello and Beebers to his vocab. I had a good idea he was in fact a male...then when he was loosing his baby cloths and getting his grown up duds it was apparent...with all the yellow showing up on his face.

Next month it'll be two years that he has been here and I'm wondering what took me so long on bringing a sweet,lovable,friendly,funny,goofy,loving 86g's of fluff and song home.

Jim

You and BB are perfect for each other, I can't believe this!! ❤
It's a great thing that he is tamed and friendly. He will accompany you for more and more years hopefully! Take care of him :D

WilliamKenyon

Aug 21, 2015
Media
Parrots
Mango: Male cockatiel, Ruby: Female eclectus

Oh my ❤_❤ , my heart can't take that much cuteness AAAAAAAA !!
Mango is adorable!!

haha thanks. I'll make sure to tell him;)

smbrds

May 17, 2016
Media
Central Florida
Parrots
Normal (or not so!) Grey Cockatiel
Love hearing about everyone's tiels!

I have a normal grey, Baby. I've had him since 2003 got him when he was 12 weeks. I went to a local pet store and there he was in the bin waddling really quickly to me and looking up at me when with little crossed eyed beetle eyes that cockatiels and cockatoos do. From there it was love at first sight.
One of the cutest things he does is when he wants to go back to his cage and when he's on me, he'll do the ''baby bird sign language'' begging by extending his wings slightly and quivering them. When I enter the room, he'll do a cute little chirp that he does when he hasn't seen me in awhile. We'll bob our head together. He plays peekaboo. He LOVES (air-popped) popcorn and gets a little bit of his own when we watch movies or TV. He loves his veggie pasta that he gets during the day or in the evening.

He'll whistle his heart out and do the heartwings. I put him up to my face and it's like he's almost hugging me. He has a whistle that he learned from my dad years ago that is loud and can be heard outside. He'll say pretty bird, peekaboo, Baby, hello in his squeaky voice.

He has been spunky and still is. He's more laid back these days and takes it easy. While he doesn't like to be petted much, he has no issues stepping up and we have our ways of cuddling. Despite not allowing petting, he's a cuddlebug. When I'm on the computer he'll waddle down to the mouse and I can feel his little head and face between my fingers. He chirps at the mouse when I click on it sometimes. On nights that I workout, he's quiet and doesn't get bothered and he'll make funny chirps and I make them back, then it's bedtime again.

He can get into some mischief but otherwise, he's just happy as a birdy clam to be on my shoulder with me and preening, napping or cuddling. It's been trial and error throughout the years, I love and cherish him dearly. I have been lucky throughout the years in having him and thankful he's still with me...here's to many more!

He's my BFF. He's my little guy.:grey:

Last edited:

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Oh this makes me miss my tiel Ricky. Ricky was my fluff bucket and he lived to a ripe old age. I miss his whistling and beautiful white feathers. So many years ago and I still miss him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Latest posts