Letter passed down when my mom passed away

Mishcka

Feb 11, 2014
Nashville
Parrots
Cookatoo
My mom fought cancer for 8 years, in those 8 years she loved having the grand kids arounds and spending time with them. It was the one thing that lifted her up from her pain. About 4 months before she passed away she asked me to sit down with her and plan things out, special things she needed to make sure happened for the kids. I was like oooook, it was one the hardest things i ever did, but i am to this day following her request to the letter. She wrote a letter to each on the grade kids and left them each something of hers to remember her by for their 16th birthday and i was to make sure they get this gift and letter. Well the first grand daughter will turn 16 on feb 20th and i am getting her gift ready today. I thought i would share with you the letter that my mom wrote to my niece:

Dear Danielle
I have been gone for a few years now and you have continued to grow and blossom into a beautiful young woman. I see you every day when you wake up, and I watch over you till you lay your head back on your pillow at night. You will always be Nana’s little girl no matter how much you grow, but the truth is you are growing! You have grown into a wonderful person, one I am very proud to say I had spent so many years of my life being Nana to you. When I was sick and knew I would not get to see your 16th birthday, so I asked Michelle to keep this letter for you, and a very special gift. This gift was part of Nana for a very long time. ( before reading any more please open your gift now ) Grampy gave me this ring when I was only 18 years old, it is my first engagement ring Danielle. I am passing this on to you. I hope you keep it safe, and that you cherish the memories that come with the ring as I always did. I love you Danielle and I will always be watching over you each and every day.
Your Loving Nana, Happy 16th Birthday my precious granddaughter.

So with that out there off i go to get a little ring box for her ring and some wrapping paper !

thank you for share in my nieces gift :21:

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
what a truly amazing gift your mom left. very thoughtful and touching.
I'm sure you and your family will cherish it always.

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
What a beautiful thing to do and how lovely of you to honour your Mum's wishes, Mishcka. Your Mum was obviously a very loving and thoughtful lady and it's clear she passed those traits on to you too. Please give Danielle my very best wishes for a happy birthday and a big hug from Trish in Australia! :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I have tears running down my face at your Mother's extraordinary gift to her Grandchildren. What a wonderful mother and person she must have been. I hope your niece has a wonderful birthday and it will be one she will always remember. Thank you so much for sharing:)

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
😭😭😭

I started crying at "dear danielle"...

What a wonderful thing for her to do!! She sounds like an amazing woman! I hope Danielle has a wonderful birthday!

Most Reactions

Latest posts