Leucistic Crow in West Seattle

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
The photos in this post are by Jerry Simmons, a West Seattle native who takes some really great photos (and runs a local plumbing business). I found them on our neighborhood Facebook page, and thought it was so cool I had to share! You can find him @jerrysimmons on instagram!

Apparently this fella (or gal, I donā€™t think crows are sexually dimorphic?) is part of a multigenerational family of crows around a local park that frequently produce odd-plumaged birds. Theyā€™re gorgeous!

img_4_1677646702962.jpg

img_3_1677646694807.jpg

img_2_1677646679127.jpg

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Bird looks like it's a chocolate colored. very unusual.

Before I retired I made friends with a crow family that lived on the plant sight.
They were very good at recognizing me.
Started by feeding them leftovers from my lunch.
I gradually started brining in bread just for them and when I was walking in the birds would fly over me so I could not miss the fact that they wanted me to give them food.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Crows are commonly underestimated regarding their intelligence. We have long had extended family members at our cabin and they all will stop by when we are there. Especially the younger ones. In the Winter, our Crows migrate further South and are commonly replace with Arctic Ravens, which are notably larger, but far less interested in Human contact.

Our local crows are a bright shinny black. Very interesting crows you have in your area, as their plumage is clearly different.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
This is utterly fascinating! Iā€™ve seen partial leucism, very pale leucism, and Iā€™ve seen albinism, but I have never seen a leucistic crow that looks like this! Itā€™s quite the natural marvel! jerry is are very lucky to have seen something like this! What a gem!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
The photos in this post are by Jerry Simmons, a West Seattle native who takes some really great photos (and runs a local plumbing business). I found them on our neighborhood Facebook page, and thought it was so cool I had to share! You can find him @jerrysimmons on instagram!

Apparently this fella (or gal, I donā€™t think crows are sexually dimorphic?) is part of a multigenerational family of crows around a local park that frequently produce odd-plumaged birds. Theyā€™re gorgeous!

View attachment 47951
View attachment 47952
View attachment 47953
I wonder- Do blonde crows have more fun?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Our crows are all bright, glossy black! It is so common that a Blonde crow would likely be seen as a totally different species.

Most Reactions

Latest posts