Little diva is home!!!

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
We finally brought home our new American cinnamon lovebird tonight! :yellow2: She is so cute - white and yellow, with little blue on her tail. She ate right after I put food in her cage and seems to adjust nicely. She is such a little diva - although she is not sexed I'm sure it's a girl (her owner thought the same). :) I post a pic tomorrow - it's way too dark now. She is not tame and unclipped - so I have a lot of work ahead of me.
The funniest thing is that I came for only one bird, but left with three!! :D The lady gave me two baby budgies for free who were plucked by their parents and needed to go (the parents got a new clutch). I really wanted budgies too, and I'm so happy bird momma now! :D
Any ideas about a name? :)

I'm bad at names so I won't even suggest.... :)

Can't wait to see the pictures when you post it!

:O Wow, that's a lot of birds (for me. I'm a one-bird kind of gal) in one go. :) Congratulations. I can't wait to see them all and hear about your adventures with them.

Awww, congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures of all of them:)

Congratulations!!! Please post photos and tell us more about your feathered darlings. The more I hear about Lovebirds, the more I want one.

Re: Little diva is home!!! UPDATE with PICTURES!!

I let her out of her cage on day 2 and discovered that she was clipped! LOL The previous owner really didn't pay attention to her I guess. She snuggled into my robe twice yesterday and right now she sits right next to me on the floor. I sat with my computer on the carpet and let her cage door open, so in a few minutes she was right here! Untamed bird? Hmmm. :) I still cannot come up with a name, but she is just so adorable! I'm kinda thinking about Coco - she seems to like the sound of it. :)

Attachments

• DSC_0561.jpg
    DSC_0561.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 258
  • DSC_0572.jpg
    DSC_0572.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 283
PS - I have no idea why the picks came up like that :(

Wow, I love Kiki! :D My friend had a big fat cat named Kiki, so I would have ti get used to Kiki being a bird. LOL

Wow, she's a beautiful bird! Love her coloring. Sprite is a fitting name for her size and her coloring. Have you named the new budgie babies yet? We still want to see their photos. :)

Her colors are just :O :O !

Kiki sounds like a cute name; I agree with Summer as her name!

What a beautiful little lovie! I also think Kiki is a great name for her:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back