Loki thinks he's a BIG bird!!

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
So today I had all the birds out at the same time. The boyfriend and I were both home and supervising so I figured if someone was invading personal space/starting trouble we'd easily be able to intervene.

Well, of all 3 of them, the one I LEAST expected to act on anything, Loki flew over to Pascal's boing by his cage!! :eek:
Loki can't fly super well cause he's clipped an he's usually glued to Kiwi, so the fact that we went over there by himself completely caught me by surprise.

I stood by and watched their body language(from arms reach away, mind you) and pascal became fluffed up in the face and slowly walked toward Loki. He moved too, as if to meet him half way, (pascal was on his cage, Loki still on the boing.) then I decided I wasn't comfortable with them getting within lunging distance and we moved Loki back to his own play stand.

A time will come when we introduce them, but that will be on level ground so no one can be 'territorial'. :)
Curious thing was Pascal was fluffy, but I'm not sure if it was aggressiveness or curiosity. His tail wasn't splayed and he wasn't 'preparing to strike' but I wanted to take no chances :eek:

So that's my excitement for the day.. Haha. :eek:

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Usually fluffy around here is a warning to get away. Ivory did this today when Monster my male gcc got close. He of course ignored the warning and called Ivorys bluff...chased her right off her own cage...

Does make you nervous though when the small guys go up to birds WAY bigger then them!

OP
Sterling1113

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
Exactly! Pascal gets fluffy for many reasons. When people come over, when he's excited for his shower, when you open his cage(shortly followed by a mad dash to the door) etc. Sometimes it's hard to tell between him being excited or angry since I can't see if he's pinning his eyes haha.

Selestine

Jun 18, 2013
Glendale, AZ
Parrots
My beautiful SI Eclectus Zephyr and my handsome B&G macaw Vandal, daughter's Sun Conure Loki and son's GCC Blaze
My son's GCC desperately wants to snuggle my male eclectus, and my ekkie looks like he'd give his right wing to be able to make friends with her, but I'm just too scared! Her head is like the size of his beak -.-

My daughter's sun conure (also named Loki ^_^) is convinced that he is bigger than the ekkie and could take him in a fight. He gets all puffy and weaves his head back and forth almost like a snake whenever my ekkie tries to talk to him.

Wish I had the guts and knowledge to introduce my ekkie and the GCC.. the two conures play together and have so much fun, and I know my ekkie wishes he could join the party, too.

OP
Sterling1113

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
I know what you mean Selestine. I'm just way too paranoid hah
I try to keep my big beaks away from my little beaks, cause it only takes a split second for something to happen!

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Should have seen my panic when I realized Loki, my sun, maneuvered his way over to Folger:eek: My step father was standing next to him but he is a complete wimp and didn't know what to do... after me yelling at him as I was trying to get up (stupid couch) he finally just swatted Loki off the boing:rolleyes: Folger got a couple strikes in before I got up and over to them:52: Luckily it was closed mouth and more of a back off you weird orange thing. I do understand why my stepfather was cautious about intervening he has gotten bit by Folger multiple times...

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
My CBC is exactly the same! He will fly off his cage straight at Ekko and be all puffed up and stomping toward him...and thankfully Ekko always runs away before I can get to him.
My fear is that one day Ekko will realize he is much bigger and not run and Phoe will be in trouble!

Most Reactions