Looking for a loving home for my Senny Leyla (Based in Arnhem Netherlands)

Senny4Sale

Aug 8, 2023
Parrots
Senegal Parrot
Hi All,

A few months ago, I thought it was a great idea to look for a life companion and bought myself this cutiepie. She is 11 months old and very adorable, I had done my research and believed that I was able to give her a great home and train her. I't's been three months now and realised that I unfortunately cannot look after her properly, I have tried however having experienced a divorce not long ago and being a full-time student and working part-time I realised that I am not fit to take on such a responsibility. I notice that she is getting more comfortable with me, but tends to bite me as I believe she's scared at times and also screams when we she doesn't see me or isn't out of her cage. I tend to give in to her often and notice that this will only encourage bad behaviour. As much as I would love to have her around I know that it isn't the best. She's witnessed me breakdown in tears a few times and would fly into the bathroom to be around me. I feel like a failure for giving her up but I rather her have the chance to bond with someone who can give her the life she deserves, since she's still so young.

I feel pretty ashamed for even posting this on the forum, but hopefully someone can help me here.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-08-08 at 17.48.17.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-08-08 at 17.48.17.jpeg
    330.1 KB · Views: 14
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-08-08 at 17.39.51 (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-08-08 at 17.39.51 (2).jpeg
    301.8 KB · Views: 14
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-08-08 at 17.39.51 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-08-08 at 17.39.51 (1).jpeg
    259.6 KB · Views: 14
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-08-08 at 17.39.51.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-08-08 at 17.39.51.jpeg
    245.3 KB · Views: 15
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-08-08 at 17.39.50.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-08-08 at 17.39.50.jpeg
    296.6 KB · Views: 15

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Welcome to the forums! Please list your location to help you find a new home for this baby.

OP
S

Senny4Sale

Aug 8, 2023
Parrots
Senegal Parrot
Welcome to the forums! Please list your location to help you find a new home for this baby.
Hey Onamom,

Thank you for the suggestion, I have added the location in the title.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Hi All,

A few months ago, I thought it was a great idea to look for a life companion and bought myself this cutiepie. She is 11 months old and very adorable, I had done my research and believed that I was able to give her a great home and train her. I't's been three months now and realised that I unfortunately cannot look after her properly, I have tried however having experienced a divorce not long ago and being a full-time student and working part-time I realised that I am not fit to take on such a responsibility. I notice that she is getting more comfortable with me, but tends to bite me as I believe she's scared at times and also screams when we she doesn't see me or isn't out of her cage. I tend to give in to her often and notice that this will only encourage bad behaviour. As much as I would love to have her around I know that it isn't the best. She's witnessed me breakdown in tears a few times and would fly into the bathroom to be around me. I feel like a failure for giving her up but I rather her have the chance to bond with someone who can give her the life she deserves, since she's still so young.

I feel pretty ashamed for even posting this on the forum, but hopefully someone can help me here.
It's so much better that you figured this out now and are looking to re-home her than letting her live an unhappy life. It shows a lot of maturity and compassion, and you have nothing to be ashamed of!
In the meantime, pretend you are her foster parent and try to give her what she needs to give her a great start in life. Knowing it's not permanent may help you feel better and more enjoy the time you have together.

OP
S

Senny4Sale

Aug 8, 2023
Parrots
Senegal Parrot
It's so much better that you figured this out now and are looking to re-home her than letting her live an unhappy life. It shows a lot of maturity and compassion, and you have nothing to be ashamed of!
In the meantime, pretend you are her foster parent and try to give her what she needs to give her a great start in life. Knowing it's not permanent may help you feel better and more enjoy the time you have together.
Thank you donnaBudgie, that means a lot. I will definitely enjoy the time I have with her.

Most Reactions

Latest posts