And looking for friends to have lunch with or just to have parrot friends

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Saw that your Thread had been setting for awhile and thought that I would comment.

You have likely heard the old saying that: Birds of a Feather Flock Together. And for Parrot (Bird) people that saying is very true. You will note that the Parrot Forums has a fair number of sub Forums and one of the largest areas is that of the different species Forums. A number of members may venture into the general Forums but stay fast within their specific species Forums. Hence; Birds of a Feather Flock together. Yes, some do venture into the other species Forums, but that commonly happens once they have developed a level of comfort with the Parrot Forums in general and then the different species Forums.

Point Being: You really need to get known in the specific Species Forum of your parrot(s) and in some of the general Forums first.

Parrot (Bird) people like to meet other like people, but that is commonly as part of a public gathering like a Bird Club or a Bird Flight Club. Not a one on one meeting, at least not at first.

There have been several Parrot Clubs in and around London UK. I would Web Search for those and join. Regarding the Parrot Forum, consider participating in Thread discussions or start a Thread discussion about your parrot(s).

I have been a member for a little less than a year and if I would state that I would be at a specific Pub in North London, UK and would buy the first couple of rounds, its possible a few UK members may stop by. However, they would first look for the Yank wearing a Tee Shirt with a Large Double Yellow Headed Amazon on it and with a pint of a specific Dark Ale in front of him prior to approaching. Point being, they would have seen enough of my Posts and a few of my Threads to know that I was a true Amazon Snob and somewhat safe to approach.

Most Reactions