Looking to learn more

erich

Feb 12, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
Double yellow headed amazon
My name is Eric. My wife and I picked up Jack about a month ago. He is a 25 YO double yellow headed Amazon. He speaks and is somewhat friendly. He steps up when he wants to. Speaks a few words, Hello, Hi Guys, Laughs and seems at ease with us. He is still a little cautious and moves to the other side of the cage(we leave the top open). We can hand feed him, and he is gentle when taking food from our hands. But, whenever he hears the cell phone ring, his demeanor changes, and he looks somewhat demonic. he will start to say hello, make a sound like a car alarm, and charge at me, all the time saying Hello,hello, and after he tries to bite, will just laugh, HaHaHaHa, ohhh

Trying to figure out whats up with that. He definitely does not like the phone or facetime, :greenyellow:

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
Welcome to the forum. Lots of great people and a wealth of knowledge.

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Welcome Eric!

Sounds like Jack is quite the character! Maybe try changing your ring tone since that seems to be setting him off [emoji51] it's best to steer clear of him when he's in "demon" mode. Charging, tail fanning, head feather flaring, eyes pinning are all signs that he's over excited or upset about something and your liable to get bit if you push your luck. Wait until he cools off before approaching him again.

I had an amazon who would do the same thing- the entire time he was with us, my cell phone was always on vibrate lol

Most Reactions