Lovey Pi?? Don't mind if I do.

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
Excuse the poor lighting/quality, my phone camera is awful and I didn't want to have the flash in his face. :p
Speaking of my phone, he doesn't particularity love it, so he wasn't chattering with me. :( usually he makes his sounds when I talk to him and give him scratches.
Buuuut it's adorable regardless. He will take loving from anyone. :)
He actually bit Brad for the first time yesterday!! :O I have no idea why, or what triggered it, but I'm thinking it was his vaporizor(electronic cigarette). He had it in his offhand and it seemed to startle Pascal. After a few minutes though he was back to normal.

[ame="http://youtu.be/P1TI9qhfRJ8"]May 24, 2014 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Hi, Ashley! Thanks for sharing the video! Pascal is really intense when it comes to his head scratches, isn't he? I've never seen a bird go that still! It looks almost predatory. (Ever seen a lion or tiger about to pounce on its prey? That moment of stillness? Yup, that's Pascal! Lol!)

OP
Sterling1113

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
Lol yeah I know what you mean. When he's on his cage, if you put your hand near his head he puffs up his nape and stretches as far as he can to get you to scratch him! Lol.
He probably looked 'predatory' because of my phone. :) he had to make sure he looked scary enough to keep it a safe distance away!
People will see him puff up though an they're hesitant to pet him because they're paranoid it's an aggressive display, not a happy one! But it's definitely a happy thing hehe. No eye pinning or hissing/panting(Pi's will pant when they're scared/excited.)
And if he's doing his hormonal cooing/raised rump I make sure he's cooled down and thinkin other thoughts before hands-on happens again.. :p

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Darn! I'll have to try later. I want to see Pascal!

I only have the iPad today and it's pretty iffy about loading videos :( I was able to view others' vids today, but not this one unfortunately. All I was able to load so far was the "related video" clips that come after yours.

OP
Sterling1113

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
Hehe no worries it'll still be here. ;)
I'm gonna look into getting a somewhat decent digital camera(that isn't a phone) so I can take better pictures of the fids , and maybe some flight pictures. I love pictures of birds in flight. :)

Most Reactions