Lucinda has replaced screaming with one word.

bpenniman

Mar 31, 2015
Milwaukee, WI
Parrots
Budgie-Lucinda
Blue-Fronted Amazon-Lucy
So Lucinda, my blue fronted Amazon, has replaces screaming with just saying, "What?!" She will say it pretty loud but it's much better than screaming. I never even trained her to do this. For some reason Lucinda wants to settle down and be a housewife. No more raging screaming parties for her.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Speaking is sooo much better than screaming! Definitely progress:)

dogslovepeace

Apr 7, 2015
When she screamed did you respond by asking her, "What?" Sgt. Pepper seems to have picked up the same word and I believe it's because I always ask her "What?! What do you want?!" in a teasing voice. Now she grumbles "what, what, what" all the time. Lol

OP
B

bpenniman

Mar 31, 2015
Milwaukee, WI
Parrots
Budgie-Lucinda
Blue-Fronted Amazon-Lucy
That could be the reason. It's been one week without screaming. :D

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
5 Parrots, 8 year old Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 1/2 yr. old African Grey, 2 3/4 year old Senegal. 5 month old ekkie, 5 month old Albino parakeet. Major Mitchell Cockatoo, passed away at age 68.
So Lucinda, my blue fronted Amazon, has replaces screaming with just saying, "What?!" She will say it pretty loud but it's much better than screaming. I never even trained her to do this. For some reason Lucinda wants to settle down and be a housewife. No more raging screaming parties for her.

Huh....Hold on my Zons are screaming ! LOL.

I know exactly where your coming from....Have 2 Blue fronted Zon's and the morning screaming frenzy when they see something or a wild bird in yard can be deafening.

My oldest BFA...will get the party started then rest join in...grey and Senegal....Then I walk into their room and say what the Heck???? My oldest Zon responds " Hi Guys...do up up, come on come on hurry up" and my Grey responds with " whatcha doing Boo boooooo?" LOL....I'll lose my hearing before you know it from these crazy loveable birds.

But screaming before coffee in morning is a good way to wake up....NOT!......My wife has also replaced screaming with one word or maybe two...."SHUT-UP !!!! LOL.....

Last edited:

Most Reactions