macaw breeding

serge_09

Aug 8, 2013
Leicester, England, UK
Parrots
Lola - GreenWing Macaw
hi,

im looking to get my macaw about November time but whilst looking forward to it i thought "will there be babies about at the time". like can they breed at any point or is it only certain times of the year (for instance they only breed feb-april etc.) ive tried to search the net but all i seem to find is the age of sexual maturity.

thanks

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Here in the US you can find babies all most year round. Many are kept inside and breeding season is not so well defined. The outside birds start in late winter/early spring here in Fla, but many will have babies later in the year or double clutch. Of course it can take many months before babies wean and different people hold on to their babies for varying amounts of time. In other words you should be able to find macaw babies most all year here in the US but more (weaned babies) available in summer.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Yes, you'll find a macaw in November, no doubt. What type are you looking to get, do you know yet? And what age?

dulphinz

Apr 30, 2013
NH
Parrots
Male Eclectus- Coco
Female B&G- Tinker
I think depending on the macaw you would like to get you should be able to find one. Do you want to bring it home in November? Many babies have hatched already and depending on which type of macaw you are looking for they would probably be weaned and ready to go home around that time:) It seems that many reputable breeders do get deposits on their babies so if you are looking to get one home in November, now is a good time to look. Good luck!

OP
S

serge_09

Aug 8, 2013
Leicester, England, UK
Parrots
Lola - GreenWing Macaw
im looking to get a blue and gold and well, im still rather undecided. im not sure whether to get one as a baby and bond from the beginning but inevitably come across the maturing age or awkwardness, or get one that's a little older??

i do want to bring her home about November though as im looking to get everything prepared for then

thanks

Shayne

Jan 9, 2013
Barrett Watson parrots based in bury st edmunds looks like the best breeder in the UK. He has b and gs, blue throats, green wings, scarlets, buffons, military and hyacinth macaws.

www.barrettwatsonparrots.co.uk

Most Reactions