Macaw Night mare????

ShellyBorg

Apr 8, 2013
Redding, CA
Parrots
TAG Spirit,RLA Danny,Senegal Damon, Parrotlet Opal, B&G Paris
So at 3:30 am I am wide awake in a complete panic attack over a dream I had. The dream, my macaw was coming! Nothing wrong, no blood, no danger, just my macaw was coming and I had to get ready fast.
I could not settle down all day until I found the a old dog run made out of chain link ( yes I know the dangers of zinc and have a gal of vinegar ready) and a cover for it and a cage that would work in the house for short term until I have a chance to get better. I even cut perches and found feed dishes!! I have a small bag of macaw mix in the freezer!
I have lost it! There is no macaw coming that I know of?

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Ha [I think you have that bird disease we have [or at least me ] LOL } Well look at it this way [at least your ready]:) Lets us know when he comes :)

OP
ShellyBorg

ShellyBorg

Apr 8, 2013
Redding, CA
Parrots
ugg well at least I am ready, somewhat now. I still can't believe how worked up I got!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Shelly, I think there's a macaw knocking on your door...... :)

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
I've had dreams where somehow I got more birds than I had cages. I was frantically running around looking for more cages, trying to separate birds that should be separated, etc. It was nerve wracking!

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
So have you decided on the one you want or like the other poster said is it the one that is about to knock on your door. A little Parrot ESP:D

OP
ShellyBorg

ShellyBorg

Apr 8, 2013
Redding, CA
Parrots
LOL Well it looks like I have a B&G coming in July! The owners have had him for 25 years and they are selling there house to become snowbirds. They also have a 30 year old plucked Quaker that I am going to be bring home also. She does not need to go to a rescue just because she is bald! LOL This all happen this morning! I am to the point of stupid happy right now! At 25 and me being 42 that is just the right age for us to grow old together! The only worry is he is uncaged....but never leaves his perch.

Peeker

Feb 10, 2013
Parrots
Jax-Eclectus
Tina-Eclectus
Ruby-Eclectus
Does that mean he doesn't come with a cage?? If you happen down my way I have one I will be selling this summer. ;)

Boy! You are going to have your hands full!

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Ok Shelly ,did you know about this bird ? Or did the stars just line up right :)

OP
ShellyBorg

ShellyBorg

Apr 8, 2013
Redding, CA
Parrots
I had no idea about this bird before last night when I was contacted about them!

And no cage means he has not been in a cage in 25 years!!!

Peeker

Feb 10, 2013
Parrots
Jax-Eclectus
Tina-Eclectus
Ruby-Eclectus
LOL! Will you be keeping her cage free then?

When I got my Eclectus females they came from home where they were cage free. It took some time to teach them that cages were ok.

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Shelly, before everybody starts calling, I've got a friend in the entertainment management business...actually he's a senior VP, so before Dr. Phil's people start calling for The Bird Seer/Premonitionist, you might want to talk to him.....

OP
ShellyBorg

ShellyBorg

Apr 8, 2013
Redding, CA
Parrots
Shelly, before everybody starts calling, I've got a friend in the entertainment management business...actually he's a senior VP, so before Dr. Phil's people start calling for The Bird Seer/Premonitionist, you might want to talk to him.....

LOL No I had mentioned this dream on another forum also. It jogged the memory of a member there that some one was looking for a home for there B&G. She contacted me to see if I wanted the info , then contacted them to see if the bird still needed a home. I got the phone number this morning and called. :D:blue1:

Most Reactions