Made feeding interesting

valerie

Jul 8, 2011
South Africa
Parrots
2 year old Rainbow Lorikeet - Rio
Hi

This morning I decided to make breakfast a little interesting so I put chunks of apple all over Rio's cage :D in not time he was finding the apple and eating a little from here and little from there :) I also gave him a good misting down, at first he would try getting away but soon sat and let me mist him down even stretching his neck out :D it was too cute

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
If I try and spray Tiki with a misting bottle, she runs all around her cage to get away from me and then she will mope for hours afterwards and ignore me. Lets just say she lays a guilt trip on me big time.

OP
valerie

valerie

Jul 8, 2011
South Africa
Parrots
2 year old Rainbow Lorikeet - Rio
The reason I mist Rio is because he was scratching his head on his cage like he was trying to clean it. And because his previous owner never had a bowl for his to bath in I thought if I mist him it might encourage him to play in him bath bowl I'm just trying to make him more interested in playing and doing something other then just sitting in his cage :( (I talk to him every day and put my hand in his cage so he will get used to me, it is getting better little every day :O)

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
See you guys are getting it. Great idea. Alot of people bath their birds by misting, I've never had alot of luck w/it, Merlin thrashes so bad I'm afraid he'll hurt himself. Rio sounds like he might like it if you continue. Good luck.

Most Reactions

Latest posts