Major Breakthrough with Bundii

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
I can see it now... PF get together at Trish's house! Not sure where you're going to put us all :)

Seriously though, as a birder Australia is tops on my list, right behind Ecuador.

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I will meet you there, Karen...Trish, can you fit in...oh, let's say 50 people?
:):):)

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
ROTFLMAO!!! If only you knew exactly how tiny my house is! I can't fit any people, but come anyway. My husband is a Scout Leader, so we have plenty of tents. :D :D :D

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Camping in Australia...sounds like heaven:) I can imagine waking in the morning to the sound of the stunning birds you have there, having a cup of coffee with a kangaroo, throwing some shrimp on the barbie, meeting Crocodile Dundee...and I must have a Vegemite sandwich while singing along to Men At Work...I have my trip all planned out! Not to mention getting to hang out with you gals and Bundii, Dommie and the fabulous beaks!

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Terry, you've hit the nail right on the head! There is NOTHING like waking up to an Australian sunrise with the dawn chorus bellowing away for all its worth! Because of the heat, most of our birds are active in the very early hours and then siesta through much of the day till dusk. We have hardly any dusk: it takes about an hour for the sun to set completely, so there's only a smallish window in which you can see everything at once.

Oh, imagine the fun we could have if we had a massive PF campout!

Most Reactions

Latest posts