Male vs female galah

kuttnup250

Sep 16, 2012
Parrots
Bf amazon
Hello again! I am so addicted to this site! It's a wonder I get anything done lol. I love that everyone is so quick to answer! Thanks to all the help I have decided on adding a galah to my flock! Our bf amazon is a mans bird I'm really the only female he allows near him and even so he doesn't allow me to do as much as my hubby! He is a rescue and we call him a he because we simply aren't sure his gender. Anyway I wanna get a galah as a baby and I know there's no assurance it will choose me as its favorite person aren't my odds increased if I get a male. I've been told alot of times males are drawn to women?

Molcan2

Jul 19, 2011
Lake Co., Florida
Parrots
Princess Rome- Moluccan Cockatoo (18yrs old), Rosie - Galah/Rose Breasted Cockatoo (2yr old)
No thats not true. If you were a female RB2 then yes a male RB2 would be more attracted to you. However as a human its based solely off of personality, it has nothing to do with gender. Unfortunately a bird will pick you simply because it likes you more. In getting a baby you run the risk of it bonding to him more than you. I have a M2 who is female, most of the year she goes to both Tommy and I with slight preference for me. During breeding season however, if I'm around she doesn't want him at all. She will try to breed with me every chance she gets (I'm female) during breeding season. Its really just whether the bird's individual personality mixes better with yours or his. Its always a good idea to allow the bird to pick you. If your thinking about picking a gender over another dont pick it because you want it to bond with you. Pick a gender based on different characteristics for that gender. Ex: I would never suggest anyone own a male M2 or U2. Not that they cant make good birds but typically the owner will have to deal with a lot of aggression issues, that could make owning them more difficult.

OP
kuttnup250

kuttnup250

Sep 16, 2012
Parrots
Bf amazon
Thank you. I like the idea of the bird picking me but sadly theres no one even halfway close that i could visit that breeds! I think i will have to end up ordering one. I spoke with an out of state breeder and she assured me its not a bad experience for them to get shipped...have you done this?

alycat

Oct 1, 2012
Colorado
Parrots
Rose Breasted 2
I had my rosy shipped from a out of state breeder and he is the sweetest bird. Loves to snuggle and love. I had no problem with the shipping Do you have a breeder in mind?

Most Reactions

Latest posts