Man am I ticked

birdmama61

Apr 13, 2011
You guys are not going to believe this but I found two parakeets with their cage in the dumpster at our apt . I jumped into the dumpster and got them out . I just want to smack people who do this and it ticks me off to no end . So now they will have a home with me and live out their lives safe as can be . Okay Im not venting I just wonder what gets in folks head to do such a thing . so now I have two more birds I guess it was just meant to be .

OP
B

birdmama61

Apr 13, 2011
I pulled these beautiful ones out of the dumpster .

Attachments

• my pics various 305.jpg
    my pics various 305.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 284

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
They're gorgeous! Poor babies! Thank you for coming to their rescue!

mele

Jul 26, 2011
California
Parrots
Lotty- Umbrella Cockatoo,
Scarlet- Scarlet Macaw,
Paco- Lilac Amazon, Josh-blue front amazon
Poor babies must have been terrified :(

Thank you for taking them in. At least now, they have a chance at a happy life.

Bright Star

May 28, 2011
Colorado
Parrots
Keats (budgie) born Feb. 18, 2011, and Raphael (budgie) adopted July 3, 2011. Finn, a Brown-Head Poicephalus, born January 4, 2010, has also joined the family!
That is criminal!!! Thank you for taking them in, poor things.

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
Good job saving those poor parakeets and giving them the loving home they deserve! :)

I won't express my opinion of the people who left the birds at the dumpster; I'm afraid it would have to be censored. :mad:

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
Thank goodness you found them!!! Poor babies!!

I'd probably file a police report, even if there's no real way to catch who did it, but at least that way there's an official record of it.

birdybabies

Aug 4, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Billy & Finley (Budgies)
Malakai (Blue Quaker)
Murphy (Green Quaker)
Rhyly (Cockatiel)
Oakley (IRN)
Disco (Lovebird)
I am trying to be a lady here, so I wont start on what I think of this situation. Some days I hate to admit that I am a human. Animals (usually) will only kill for food. We kill for sport, fun, we mistreat our fellow humans and animals. How can somebody just throw tham away? Its beyond comprehension to me. Thanks goodness that there are good people out there who pick up the pieces and help, like you. So thanks for what you did.

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
poor babies and thank you for saving them i'd hate to think what could of happened!

Crazy4Birds

Oct 20, 2010
CT and FL
Parrots
Nicky (sun conure); RIP Gracie (senegal) and Benson (cockatiel)
That is terrible! I just don't understand how people can do that. That is animal cruelty! You should definitely file a police report. On a lighter note, you are a blessing to those beautiful birds! I am sure they are very grateful for you.

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
So glad you found these babies before they starved etc. Thank you thank you thank you. I've been slightly annoyed at my Lucie Goose this morning for her horrible screams - but I'm sat here almost crying thinking, how could someone, I could NEVER EVER do anything like that to any of my babies. If you cannot care for them, be a responsible owner and find someone who can. >: (

upcgirl

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Parrots
Max--Senegal

RIP Ricco--Mexican Red Head Amazon
That is absolutely horrible! And they are absolutely gorgeous!!! Poor babies. Thankful these beautiful birdies have found you to save them!

Auggie's Dad

Administrator
Dec 28, 2007
Media
Albums
South Hadley MA
Parrots
Auggie: Dusky Conure
(#!%^Y$&(*~

What the ...

Good thing I didn't find them ... I'd be in jail now for harassing every person who lived in the area to discover who did it and for assaulting the one who did it.

I know there are a lot of careless people in the world - putting the birds out to fend for themselves and tossing the cage in the dumpster would be bad - but putting the birds in the dumpster, left to be crushed to death in a trash heap? I'm sure that could be considered a crime as cruelty to animals if you can figure out who did it.

I know they might ignore me - but *this* type of thing I would report to the police.

I'd also call the ASPCA ... they wouldn't ignore it.

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
They are sooo beautiful! I would have done exactly the same thing. The nerve of some people...I wonder if they were looking out their apartment window, waiting to see who would go into the dumpster after them...jerks!

Then you wonder...were these keets some childs loved pets and for "punishment" a parent threw them away...to get a stupid point across...were they some teen's keets...and they decided they were tired of them...were they some adults keets who's obviously got problems? We will never know...but none the less...CONGRATULATIONS to you and your new additions. :D

Toni

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
that makes me sick.......but THANK YOU for taking them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it seems allot of people here are finding rescue keets, has anyone else noticed this pattern?

Most Reactions

Latest posts