Man, I'm pi××ed

Mango121913

Aug 9, 2014
Ripley WV
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus
Found out today that a co worker's daughter got a parakeet for Christmas. A day later it was killed by their dog. Only after the 2nd time the dog got ahold of it.
So he proceeds to tell me he beat the dog!! Not once, but 3 's!!!!!!:mad:And then went and bought ANOTHER PARAKEET his daughter! Man, I was soooooo close to beating the s--t out of him, 3x's!!! I would have lost my job, otherwise I would have. BELIEVE ME:mad:!!

Nothing makes me more mad than an incompetent person beating an animal because of how stupid they (the owners )are!
Sorry for the rant, but why are some people soooooo stupid! Poor animals, I wish the dog would have bit the hell Out of him! It's just a little wiener dog.:(

Last edited:

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I can definitely see reason for your anger :mad:. Some people shouldn't have pets PERIOD! What is wrong with people?!!

Sunset_Chaser

Sep 25, 2014
Minnesota
Parrots
Bella (B&G Macaw)
2 Yellow Naped Amazons,
8 Lovebirds,
2 Green Cheeks,
2 Sun Conures,
2 Indian Ringnecks,
2 Quakers
How sad!!!!

DoodlesMom

Nov 25, 2014
Phoenix,Arizona
Parrots
GCC >Doodle
Thats beyond ignorance! Gets another bird for what...to repeat the abuse? I look at Doodle and my Jack-Chi, Smokey and am thankful for their enriching my life. Any living thing, human or animal, in our charge, are loved and protected, not beaten or mistreated. I give it up to ya....I'd have waited after work an run his a** over!!!

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Uuuuggghhhhhh! People who framing beat their dogs INFURIATE me. Learn to communicate with your dog! They are smart! Ugh. When I was a kid, my dog killed my bird becUse of a mistake I made despite precautions. I was 11, I grabbed my dog, and yes, as an 11 year old girl, I hit her. Once. And then I felt like a monster and I layed on her and cried that I let her kill Emerald, and that I had hit her. And I NEVER made that mistake again. I'm sorry for the bird, the dog, and the second bird, and the kid who is growing up in such an animal dysfunctional family.

OP
Mango121913

Mango121913

Aug 9, 2014
Ripley WV
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus
He definitely knows how I feel. I asked him, how was it the dog's fault for your stupidity? ? He just kinda stood there DUMBfounded. I just hope he thinks about all the stuff I told him. I told him to think about what he's teaching his kids. Then he just walked off.....almost with my boot in his arse!
Thing is, I'm sure that there are many more just like him!
Doubt he'll come ask me for advice on raising her bird now.

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
When a child does wrong, rarely is the first response, "well, if I beat them they'll definitely learn"... corporal punishment is only so useful. While I know other animals aren't humans, I honestly think it's foolish to assume that physically harming them teaches them a lesson. Like Silversage said, there are way better ways to communicate. Thanks for sticking up for both the animals though, you totally did what I would've, too!

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw
The market ..... for lack of a better term is being flooded here with unwanted birds right now. People got them for Christmas and now realize its not the pet for them. Pretty sad.

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
I in no way defend beating the dogs, but, especially with a child, understand how the birds were lost!
We, over an 8 year period lost 3 very precious babies to dogs. It almost killed my wife, she was in very bad shape for a long time! She now has had her Bongo for 3 years in her house.
I have refused to bring a bird back into my life, but the kids knew I spend much of my time at pet shops playing with them, so 4 weeks ago I got JoJo as a surprise. He is an incredible little guy! But for almost a week I was having anxiety attacks. Have secured every extra door on cage and my daughter and I do a hand off if one of us is leaving the room with JoJo out. I so want him to out live me- but- have an exceptionally long life! Sorry, hijacking thread a bit!

OP
Mango121913

Mango121913

Aug 9, 2014
Ripley WV
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus
Flboy, I can understand your concerns. But, nevertheless, accidents happen. :(
I have a small Pomerainian my mother finished as a chapmpion through the AKC. He only weighs 5lbs, well probably 6 now, we spoil him a little bit! :p.
But, we never leave him and Mango alone together. He still is a little bit unsure of how to play with Mango. Mango will try and slowly walk up to him and then Einstein thinks he can rough house like he's another pup. Of course one of us is sitting on the floor able to interven if anything looks unsafe. Is this a risk? Sure is! But I know my dogs signals of he is uncomfortable. Not saying that something couldn't happen, but I have Einstein trained VERY well! And Mango doesn't care much for the floor either. He only lets us put him down there to play ball anyway. I think it's good for him to strengthen his leg muscles as well.:)
I know people disagree with me about birds and dogs, cats and whatnot. However, I would NEVER beat my dog for being a dog.
Einstein even speaks somewhat, when he has to go out he will do a "dance" give out a little whine (which Mango has learned to mimic)!
Our pets are our kids and get treated with the same respect, I feel so lucky to have them all! :cool:
Now my wife.......THAT'S a work in progress!:eek: :D

Dec 14, 2014
Parrots
R.I.P Kiwiberry, GCC.
I don't think I'd be able to contain myself to be honest ... What an absolute idiot, it's people like that that make me wish there was a form and test you'd have to sign and go through to own a pet, to see if you're cut out for it.

I in no way defend beating the dogs, but, especially with a child, understand how the birds were lost!
We, over an 8 year period lost 3 very precious babies to dogs.
For a second I thought you meant human babies!! :eek:

Minimaker

Jul 29, 2014
Illinois
Parrots
GW Macaw-Sailor, Goffins Cockatoo Mako, GC Conure-Tazzy, Turquoise Conure Yuki, Budgies-Percy, Annabeth, Elsa
I don't understand how this happens, honestly. I have two cats, I simply shut the cats upstairs to keep the birds and cats separated while each one gets their turn out in the main living space. I put food, water, and a litter box up there for when they spend time up there. They go up and sleep on beds, quite comfy. I try to be fair about time out for both. Everyone stays safe. It's not hard to do. I make sure my kids shuts doors immediately when they go upstairs so the cats stay out. I watch carefully to keep it that way. I provided high up perching places for them when they fly free, just in case-and they know these places are theirs. Other people could do these things too, poor little birds-I wish they would. I love my little budgies, they are so sweet and cute. When I think about something happening to them it makes me want to cry.

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
Good job on what you shared with your coworker, you did better than I would have.

Most Reactions